Sun Care in Japan
Sun care in Japan continued to be dominated by sun protection in value terms in 2018. This is mainly due to the Japanese traditional value that women with bihaku, a Japanese term meaning beautifully white skin, look aesthetically beautiful. Many Japanese women try to avoid tanning and want to protect their white skin; therefore, there is very little demand for self-tanning products or aftersun, whilst sun protection is considered a must-have by many consumers, especially women.
Euromonitor International's Sun Care in Japan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Adult Sun Care, Baby and Child-specific Sun Care.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Sun Care market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Sun Care in Japan
- Euromonitor International
- June 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- the Dominance of Sun Protection Is Set To Continue Due To Bihaku
- Rising Awareness of the Need for Uv Protection and Different Formats
- Multifunctional Products Gain Traction
- Competitive Landscape
- Shiseido Continues To Lead Sun Care
- Kao Corp Gradually Increases Its Share
- New Product Launches To Address Uv Protection
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Sun Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Sun Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Sun Care: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Sun Care: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Premium Adult Sun Care: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Sun Care by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Sun Care by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Inbound Tourists Continue To Support Growth in Beauty and Personal Care
- Digital Technology Emerges in Beauty and Personal Care
- Fragmentation Accelerates As Non-beauty Companies and Start-ups Enter the Market
- Active Ingredients Focusing on Efficacy Continue To Be Introduced
- Tourism and Untapped Territory Are Key for Maintaining Growth
- Market Data
- Table 8 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 9 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 10 GBO Company Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Distribution of Beauty and Personal Care by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Beauty and Personal Care by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Summary 1 Research Sources