Sun Care in Italy
Sun care was very negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, recording one of the strongest declines in beauty and personal care. Sales were considerably affected during April and May, due to the lockdown period, which closed bathing facilities, losing the opportunity to profit from the Easter holidays, the 25 April and the 1 May public holidays in Italy. Therefore, unlike some other categories, sun care did not receive an initial push from stockpiling or a shift to e-commerce. Home s...
Euromonitor International's Sun Care in Italy report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2016-2020, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2025 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Adult Sun Care, Baby and Child-specific Sun Care.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Sun Care market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Sun Care in Italy
- Euromonitor International
- April 2021
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- SUN CARE IN ITALY
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2020 IMPACT
- The closure of swimming pools, beaches and a lack of tourism negatively impacts sun care
- Players focus on lightweight products, with sustainability becoming increasingly important
- L'Oréal Italiana Saipo retains its lead, increasing its share as Beiersdorf records a decline
- RECOVERY AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Sales recover from 2022, as tourist begin to return to the country, boosting growth
- Eco-friendly sunscreen and lightweight formulas shape the landscape
- The healthy skin trend and a growing interest in skin care boosts growth
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Sun Care by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 2 Sales of Sun Care by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Sun Care: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Sun Care: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Premium Adult Sun Care: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Sun Care by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Sun Care by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- BEAUTY AND PERSONAL CARE IN ITALY
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COVID-19 impact on beauty and personal care
- COVID-19 country impact
- Company response
- Retailing shift
- What next for beauty and personal care?
- CHART 1 Beauty and Personal Care Value Sales Growth Scenarios: 2018-2025
- CHART 2 Beauty and Personal Care Impact of Soft Drivers on Value Sales: 2017-2025
- MARKET DATA
- Table 8 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 9 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 10 GBO Company Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 14 Distribution of Beauty and Personal Care by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 15 Distribution of Beauty and Personal Care by Format and Category: % Value 2020
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- GLOBAL INDUSTRY ENVIRONMENT
- Summary 1 Research Sources