Street Stalls/Kiosks in Japan
Food trucks, or food wagons, remained a key trend in street stalls/kiosks in 2018. The broad and unusual product variety offered by food trucks, including international cuisine that it is often difficult to find in Japan such as Egyptian, Greek and Israeli, was appreciated by Japanese consumers. Food trucks primarily target areas around offices, with consumers perceiving them to offer fresher healthier alternatives to options such as convenience stores limited-service restaurants, particularly a...
Euromonitor International's Street Stalls/Kiosks in Japan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides foodservice sales, the number of outlets and the number of transactions by sector, allowing you to identify the foodservice sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they eating habits, lifestyle changes, tourism spending or legislative issues. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Chained Street Stalls/Kiosks, Independent Street Stalls/Kiosks.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Street Stalls/Kiosks market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Street Stalls/kiosks in Japan
- Euromonitor International
- June 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Food Trucks Expands But Still Limited To Urban Areas
- Traditional Yatai Start To Accept Cashless Payment Methods
- Constraints on Growth
- Competitive Landscape
- Shares Continued To Be Fragmented With Independents Dominating
- Food Truck Platform, Tlunch, Expands
- Neo Food Village Brings Operators Together
- Category Data
- Table 1 Street Stalls/Kiosks: Units/Outlets 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales in Street Stalls/Kiosks: Number of Transactions 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales in Street Stalls/Kiosks: Foodservice Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 Street Stalls/Kiosks: % Units/Outlets Growth 2013-2018
- Table 5 Sales in Street Stalls/Kiosks: % Transaction Growth 2013-2018
- Table 6 Sales in Street Stalls/Kiosks: % Foodservice Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 7 Forecast Street Stalls/Kiosks: Units/Outlets 2018-2023
- Table 8 Forecast Sales in Street Stalls/Kiosks: Number of Transactions 2018-2023
- Table 9 Forecast Sales in Street Stalls/Kiosks: Foodservice Value 2018-2023
- Table 10 Forecast Street Stalls/Kiosks: % Units/Outlets Growth 2018-2023
- Table 11 Forecast Sales in Street Stalls/Kiosks: % Transaction Growth 2018-2023
- Table 12 Forecast Sales in Street Stalls/Kiosks: % Foodservice Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Demographic Trends and Exit of Large Players Contributes To Stagnation
- Consumer Foodservice Dealing With Labour Shortage
- Convenience Remains Important for Busy Consumers
- Independents Continue To Struggle
- Operators Set To Shift Focus Towards Tourists
- Market Data
- Table 13 Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice 2013-2018
- Table 14 Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice: % Growth 2013-2018
- Table 15 Consumer Foodservice by Independent vs Chained by Type: Units/Outlets 2018
- Table 16 Consumer Foodservice by Independent vs Chained: % Foodservice Value 2013-2018
- Table 17 Sales in Consumer Foodservice by Eat-In vs Delivery and To-Go: % Foodservice Value 2013-2018
- Table 18 Sales in Consumer Foodservice by Food vs Drink Split: % Foodservice Value 2013-2018
- Table 19 Sales in Consumer Foodservice by Food vs Drink Split by Type: % Foodservice Value 2018
- Table 20 Sales in Consumer Foodservice by Online/Offline Ordering: % Foodservice Value 2013-2018
- Table 21 Sales in Consumer Foodservice by Location: % Foodservice Value 2013-2018
- Table 22 GBO Company Shares in Chained Consumer Foodservice: % Foodservice Value 2014-2018
- Table 23 GBN Brand Shares in Chained Consumer Foodservice: % Foodservice Value 2015-2018
- Table 24 GBN Brand Shares in Chained Consumer Foodservice: Units/Outlets 2018
- Table 25 Forecast Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice 2018-2023
- Table 26 Forecast Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice: % Growth 2018-2023
- Summary 1 Research Sources