Sportswear in South Africa
The athleisure trend continued to develop in 2018 with consumers appreciating the comfort and practicality of this look. While international brands such as Nike and adidas have been the main beneficiaries of this trend there has also been a growing presence of small local companies looking to enter sportswear. For example, Cape Town-based Ludus Athleisure was launched with it offering the Ghost Lifestyle and Rydewear brands. With athleisure being embraced by international and local celebrities a...
Euromonitor International's Sportswear in South Africa report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018 and analysis by distribution format allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, leading brands, and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Sports Apparel, Sports Footwear.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Sportswear market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Sportswear in South Africa
- Euromonitor International
- March 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Athleirsure Trend and Active Lifestyles Driving Demand for Sportswear
- the Rise of Private Label and Cheap Unbranded Chinese Imports Making Sportswear More Accessible To A Wider Consumer Base
- Aspirational and Younger Consumers Drive Demand for International Branded Items
- Competitive Landscape
- Nike and Adidas Retain Lead Despite Limited Growth
- Mr Price Sport Wins Favour With Affordable Range of Sportswear
- Local Brands Appear Offering Fashionable Sportswear
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Sportswear by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Sportswear by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Sportswear: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Sportswear: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 5 Distribution of Sportswear by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Sportswear by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Sportswear by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Weak Economy A Drain on Apparel and Footwear Sales
- Fast Fashion Continues To Make Headway
- Local Players Maintain Lead With Value Proposition
- Merger Offers Hope for Strong Growth in Internet Retailing
- Small Improvement Predicted As Retailers Focus on Online Sales
- Market Data
- Table 8 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 9 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 11 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Apparel and Footwear: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Apparel and Footwear: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 14 Distribution of Apparel and Footwear by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Apparel and Footwear by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Volume 2018-2023
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Volume Growth 2018-2023
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Summary 1 Research Sources