Sportswear in South Africa
It is no longer frowned upon to wear sportswear throughout the day, for activities other than exercise. Sportswear is perceived as comfortable, and its relaxed style is gaining traction amongst all generations. With major luxury brands tapping into the trend, it is becoming more mainstream and acceptable. Sportswear brands such as adidas have been collaborating with international celebrities to introduce “athleisure” lines, and couture designers have introduced capsule collections to give a func...
Euromonitor International's Sportswear in South Africa report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2013-2017 and analysis by distribution format allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, leading brands, and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Sports Apparel, Sports Footwear.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Sportswear market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- SPORTSWEAR IN SOUTH AFRICA
- Euromonitor International
- March 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Healthier Lifestyles and the "
- Trend Drive Demand
- the Promotion of Active Lifestyles
- Private Label and Cheaper Alternatives
- Competitive Landscape
- International Brands Lead Sportswear
- A Decline in Share for International Players
- Slow Growth Expected for Sportswear
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Sportswear: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Sportswear: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Sportswear: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Sportswear: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 Distribution of Sportswear by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Sportswear: Value 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Sportswear: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- the Challenging Economic Environment Adversely Impacts Apparel and Footwear
- International Brands Exit the Market and Local Retailers Focus on Private Label
- Retailers Focus on the Basics To Drive Footfall Into Bricks-and-mortar Stores
- Online Sales Are Growing, But the Strong Mall Culture Dominates Fashion Retail
- Macroeconomic Factors and Regulatory Changes Will Impact Apparel and Footwear
- Market Data
- Table 8 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 9 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Apparel and Footwear: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Apparel and Footwear: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 14 Distribution of Apparel and Footwear by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 15 Distribution of Apparel and Footwear by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Volume 2017-2022
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Volume Growth 2017-2022
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources