Sportswear in Japan
Sportswear saw strong retail value growth in 2017 thanks to the ongoing athleisure trend and heightened awareness about health and fitness. Consumer numbers who enjoy sports as part of their daily activities continue to rise as the Tokyo Olympic Games in 2020 approach. Many companies actively advertise the function and comfort of their products even outside the sports arena, and middle-aged and older consumers have started to wear sportswear as their everyday clothes. Sportswear is likely to gai...
Euromonitor International's Sportswear in Japan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2013-2017 and analysis by distribution format allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, leading brands, and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Sports Apparel, Sports Footwear.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Sportswear market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- SPORTSWEAR IN JAPAN
- Euromonitor International
- February 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Sportswear Performs Well in 2017 With Positive Forecast
- Outdoor Apparel Boosted by Growing Interest in Walking and Hiking
- Sports Goods Stores Remains As Key Distribution Channel
- Competitive Landscape
- Nike Continues To Lead Category in 2017
- Adidas Claims Second Position
- Asics and Mizuno Compete for Third
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Sportswear: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Sportswear: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Sportswear: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Sportswear: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 Distribution of Sportswear by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Sportswear: Value 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Sportswear: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Growth Hindered by Economic and Demographic Factors While Tourist Spending Disappoints
- Sportswear Enjoys Attention Thanks To Athleisure Trend and Rising Interest in Lifestyle Products
- Polarisation Trend Becomes More Obvious Among Price-conscious Consumers
- Online Sales Boosted by Smartphone Apps But Remain Marginal
- Overall Forecast Period Decline Despite the Popularity of Sportswear
- Market Data
- Table 8 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 9 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Apparel and Footwear: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Apparel and Footwear: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 14 Distribution of Apparel and Footwear by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 15 Distribution of Apparel and Footwear by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Volume 2017-2022
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Volume Growth 2017-2022
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources