Sportswear in Germany
Overall, apparel and footwear in Germany recorded a decline in value sales in 2018 and faces a weak outlook. Sportswear, however, continued to perform well, remaining the most dynamic category. This can be largely attributed to increasing health awareness and a greater focus on more active lifestyles, which include participation in sport. Moreover, with health and fitness becoming increasingly central to consumers’ lifestyles, sportswear is also benefiting from increasing use on a daily basis. A...
Euromonitor International's Sportswear in Germany report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018 and analysis by distribution format allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, leading brands, and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Sports Apparel, Sports Footwear.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Sportswear market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- SPORTSWEAR IN GERMANY
- Euromonitor International
- March 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Sportswear Posts Another Strong Performance in 2018
- Rising Interest in Sport Drives Growth of Performance and Outdoor Products
- Sports-inspired Products Perform Well Amidst the Ongoing Athleisure Trend
- Competitive Landscape
- Nike Aims To Close the Gap on Adidas in Germany Through Moving Its Headquarters
- Amazon Introduces An Athleisure Private Label in Germany
- Retailer Sportscheck Introduces A New Store Concept
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Sportswear by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Sportswear by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Sportswear: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Sportswear: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 5 Distribution of Sportswear by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Sportswear by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Sportswear by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Apparel and Footwear Value Sales Decline in 2018
- Strong Price Competition Adversely Impacts Value Sales
- Brands With A Clear Positioning Succeed in A Highly Fragmented Market
- Retail Landscape Sees Significant Changes As A Result of Rising Online Sales
- Fairly Flat Performance Expected Over the Forecast Period
- Market Data
- Table 8 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 9 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 11 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Apparel and Footwear: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Apparel and Footwear: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 14 Distribution of Apparel and Footwear by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Apparel and Footwear by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Volume 2018-2023
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Volume Growth 2018-2023
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Summary 1 Research Sources