Sports Nutrition in Uruguay
Sports nutrition may still be regarded as a niche category due to its still relatively low penetration, but in 2019 its volume sales rose rapidly and it saw the highest value growth by far among all other consumer health care categories. The category is gaining traction among sports participants and gym goers, despite the fact that Uruguay has very strict regulatory measures, and several sports nutrition products – such as creatine, for example – are considered medicines and are only available b...
Euromonitor International's Sports Nutrition in Uruguay report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Sports Non-Protein Products, Sports Protein Products.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Sports Nutrition market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Sports Nutrition in Uruguay
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Sports Nutrition Keeps Gaining Traction, Considerably Boosted by Global Trends and Sports Influencers Through Social Media
- Social Media Influence Forces Companies To Increase Product Visibility Online But They Are Also Focusing on Promotion at Major Sports Events
- Distribution of Sports Nutrition in Chained Pharmacies As Well As Gyms, Exercise Centres and Through Online Websites
- Competitive Landscape
- With Two of the Top Three Brands in the Category, Edatir Maintains the Lead in Sports Nutrition
- Among Other Important Players Such As Natural Life and Lukenor, Roemmers Is About To Enter Sports Nutrition With Protein Products and Amino Acids
- in Addition To Local Player Gold Nutrition, A Number of Other Players Stand Out
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Sports Nutrition: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Sports Nutrition: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Improving Economy Reflected in Higher Value Growth
- OTC Relatively Undeveloped in Uruguay, As Health Ministry Has Stricter Regulations Than in Other Countries Such As Neighbouring Argentina
- While Domestic Companies Struggle To Compete With Multinational Players, Consumer Trust and Government-backed Mega Pharma Support Their Development
- Chemists/pharmacies Continues To Lose Ground To Non-store Channels and Vitamins and Dietary Specialists
- Consumer Healthcare Is Set To See Significantly Higher Growth in Most Categories Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources