Sports Nutrition in the United Kingdom
Gyms and health clubs are essential to sales of sports nutrition. In 2020, their closure had a dramatic negative impact on the consumption of sports protein and sports non-protein products across the country as consumers were unable to exercise in the same way they had been doing previously. Despite closures continuing to affect the performance at the beginning of 2021, from mid-April outlets were allowed to operate for individual activities and, later on in mid-May, for group sessions. Sports a...
Euromonitor International's Sports Nutrition in United Kingdom report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2016-2020, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2025 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Sports Non-Protein Products, Sports Protein Products.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Sports Nutrition market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Sports Nutrition in the United Kingdom
- Euromonitor International
- October 2021
- List Of Contents And Tables
- SPORTS NUTRITION IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2021 DEVELOPMENTS
- Gym reopening and the lifting of restrictions boost demand
- E-commerce loses share to grocery retailers
- Leaders continue to expand with omni-presence strategy
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Vegan and plant-based are main growth drivers in sports nutrition
- Sports non-protein products expected to outperform other categories
- Increasing competition from outside of sports nutrition
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: Value 2016-2021
- Table 2 Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: % Value Growth 2016-2021
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Sports Nutrition: % Value 2017-2021
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Sports Nutrition: % Value 2018-2021
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: Value 2021-2026
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: % Value Growth 2021-2026
- CONSUMER HEALTH IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Consumer health in 2021: The big picture
- Herbal products gain popularity over non-herbal alternatives
- Competitive landscape
- Retailing developments
- What next for consumer health?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2016-2021
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2016-2021
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2016-2021
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2016-2021
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2017-2021
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2018-2021
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2016-2021
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2016-2021
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2021
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2021-2026
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2021-2026
- OTC registration and classification
- Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
- Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2020-2021
- Summary 2 Research Sources