Sports Nutrition in Portugal
Sports nutrition in Portugal is being driven by the growing popularity of outdoor sports, with increasing numbers of consumers running, cycling and hiking. These active people are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of diet and supplements to support their workouts, and so are looking for nutritional and convenient snacks that are easy to carry during these activities.
Euromonitor International's Sports Nutrition in Portugal report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Sports Non-Protein Products, Sports Protein Products.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Sports Nutrition market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- SPORTS NUTRITION IN PORTUGAL
- Euromonitor International
- October 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Popularity of Sport Boosts Sales
- Sports Nutrition Expected To Continue To Perform Well Despite A Slowdown in Growth
- Sports Protein Bars Boosted by Convenience Factor
- Competitive Landscape
- Econutraceuticos the Undisputed Leader
- Athletes Used To Promote Products
- Private Label Struggles To Compete Against Branded Products
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Sports Nutrition: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Sports Nutrition: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Portuguese Consumers Are Becoming More Confident Self-medicating
- Healthier Lifestyles Stimulate Sales
- Consumer Health Competitive Landscape Remains Fragmented
- Chemists/pharmacies Faces Increasing Competition
- Consumer Health Expected To Record Positive Growth Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources