Sports Nutrition in Malaysia
The Movement Control Order (MCO) started on 18 March and lasted until 4 May. This was implemented as a preventive strategy by the Malaysian Government in an effort to contain the COVID-19 pandemic in the country. This resulted in the prohibition of outdoor exercise activities such as jogging and hiking, and the closure of indoor sports facilities such as gyms and fitness centres. The result was a contraction in demand for sports protein products. The protein/energy bars category was particularl...
Euromonitor International's Sports Nutrition in Malaysia report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2015-2019, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Sports Non-Protein Products, Sports Protein Products.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Sports Nutrition market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Sports Nutrition in Malaysia
- Euromonitor International
- November 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2020 IMPACT
- Movement Control Order prohibits exercise, leading to slump in demand
- Sports non-protein products category sees new flavours launched
- E-commerce significant for distribution of sports nutrition
- RECOVERY AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Category set to recover as sporting activities resume
- Sports non-protein products may benefit from targeting specific groups
- Resumption of lifestyles and new launches set to stim growth
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 2 Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Sports Nutrition: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Sports Nutrition: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COVID-19 impact on consumer health
- COVID-19 country impact
- Company response
- Retailing shift
- What next for consumer health?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2015-2020
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2015-2020
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2020
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- OTC registration and classification
- Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
- Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- GLOBAL INDUSTRY ENVIRONMENT
- Summary 1 Research Sources