Sports Nutrition in Japan
According to the Survey of Selected Service Industries conducted by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry in Japan, the number of fitness clubs and their sales significantly increased in the review period. The growth of fitness clubs was driven by consumers’ desire to maintain a healthy lifestyle and achieve a longer life expectancy. Having a skinny, muscle-less figure has long been desired amongst women in Japan. However, the desired body type has been shifting towards a healthier physiqu...
Euromonitor International's Sports Nutrition in Japan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Sports Non-Protein Products, Sports Protein Products.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Sports Nutrition market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- SPORTS NUTRITION IN JAPAN
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Significant Growth Continues Due To the Rise of the Fitness Culture
- the Healthy Living Trend Spreads Due To Excitement About the 2020 Olympics
- Sports Protein Powder Continues To Drive Growth
- Competitive Landscape
- Meiji Continues To Lead
- Players From Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Enter Sports Nutrition
- Private Label Shows Momentum
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Sports Nutrition: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Sports Nutrition: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- the Healthy Living Mindset Spreads, Leading To Growth in Sports Nutrition
- Disappointing Impact of the New Tax System on OTC Products
- Players Offering Switched OTC Products Enjoy Growth
- Internet Retailing Rises, Whilst Drugstores/parapharmacies Continues To Lead
- Continued Growth Is Expected, As Consumers' Health Concerns Rise
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches
- Summary 2 Research Sources