Sports Nutrition in Egypt
Most sport nutrition brands available in Egypt, especially sports protein powder products, are imported. Unit prices for such products increased dramatically in 2017 due to the devaluation of the Egyptian pound. Despite this, demand rebounded relatively quickly in 2018. This was partly because sports nutrition products primarily appeal to a smaller and more affluent segment of the population, but also reflected the fact that Egyptians who use such products have few options but to buy imported br...
Euromonitor International's Sports Nutrition in Egypt report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Sports Non-Protein Products, Sports Protein Products.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Sports Nutrition market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- SPORTS NUTRITION IN EGYPT
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Price Hikes and Import Barriers Pose Challenges for Sports Nutrition
- Locally Manufactured Brands Gain Ground in Sports Protein Bars
- Lack of Regulation Continues To Restrict Category Development
- Competitive Landscape
- Egyptian Brands Replace Imported Products
- Importers Struggle With Frequent Regulatory Changes
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Sports Nutrition: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Sports Nutrition: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Sports Nutrition by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Consumer Health Stabilises in 2018 Following Crisis of 2017
- Price Hikes Impact Negatively on Volume Sales in Most Categories
- Rigid Regulatory Environment Continues To Discourage New Entries
- Chemists/pharmacies Continue To Dominate Consumer Health Distribution
- Demand Expected To Remain Strong Despite Strict Regulatory Controls
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources