Spectacles in Mexico
With the Mexican population ageing, demographic shifts are influencing the performance of the spectacles category, given that the likelihood of sight-related problems increases with age. According to a study by Salud Digna, a private health institution in Mexico, myopia is the most common refractive error in the Mexican population, followed by hyperopia. However, myopia increases its prevalence in the younger population, while hyperopia tends to be more common among consumers aged over 40. The n...
Euromonitor International's Spectacles in Mexico report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data (2014-2018), allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Readymade Reading Glasses, Spectacle Frames, Spectacle Lenses.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Spectacles market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Spectacles in Mexico
- Euromonitor International
- July 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Lower Cost Compared To Contact Lenses and Ageing Population Benefit Growth
- Concerns Over Digital Devices and Blue Light Benefit Specialist Spectacles
- Spectacles Seen As Fashionable and Affordable Alternative To Corrective Eye Surgery
- Competitive Landscape
- Moendi Distribución Launches Own Brand As It Loses Distribution Licenses for Gucci, Cartier and Montblanc
- Essilor Competes for Pole Position With Safe Driving Advertising Campaign During Mexican F1 Grand Prix
- Ben&frank Implements Online Strategy Enabling Customers To Try Before Buying
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Spectacles by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Spectacles by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 3 Sales of Spectacles by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 4 Sales of Spectacles by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 5 Sales of Spectacle Lenses by Type: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Spectacles: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Spectacles: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 8 Distribution of Spectacles by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Spectacles by Category: Volume 2019-2024
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Spectacles by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Spectacles by Category: % Volume Growth 2019-2024
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Spectacles by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Fashion, Demographic, Technology and Health Factors All Benefit Eyewear
- Sunglasses Considered Everyday Essentials Among Mexican Consumers
- Luxottica Maintains Lead, While Loss of Licenses Results in Moendi Introducing Its Own Range
- Internet Retailing Gains Ground With Initiatives Wooing Consumers From Bricks and Mortar Outlets
- Demographic, Health and Fashion All Set To Remain Key Factors in Performance of Eyewear Over Forecast Period
- Market Data
- Table 13 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 14 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 16 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 17 NBO Company Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 18 LBN Brand Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 19 Distribution of Eyewear by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2019-2024
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2019-2024
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Summary 1 Research Sources