Sleep Aids in the United Kingdom
Insomnia rates were continuing to rise in the UK prior to the emergence of the pandemic due to multiple factors including stress and depression, an ageing population as well as light and noise pollution. Additionally, consumers are increasingly connected and continue to spend the greatest part of their day on screen touchpoints (including phones, computers, tablets), therefore becoming increasingly exposed to blue light technology for professional or personal motives. While the specific impact o...
Euromonitor International's Sleep Aids in United Kingdom report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2015-2019, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Sleep Aids market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Sleep Aids in the United Kingdom
- Euromonitor International
- October 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2020 IMPACT
- Insomnia rates on the rise pre-COVID-19 lead to increasing interest in sleep aids
- Sleeping challenges exacerbated by pandemic increase interest in alternative health remedies
- Omega Pharma Ltd leads with a solid Nytol range
- RECOVERY AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Ongoing stressful lifestyles and demographic changes likely to support demand for sleep aids beyond pandemic
- Sleeps aids to benefit from increasing proof between a good night’s sleep and reduced health issues
- Consumers are increasingly aware of alternative sleep aids
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Sleep Aids: Value 2015-2020
- Table 2 Sales of Sleep Aids: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Sleep Aids: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Sleep Aids: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Sleep Aids: Value 2020-2025
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Sleep Aids: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COVID-19 impact on consumer health
- COVID-19 country impact
- Company response
- Retailing shift
- What next for consumer health?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2015-2020
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2015-2020
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2020
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- OTC registration and classification
- Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
- Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- GLOBAL INDUSTRY ENVIRONMENT
- Summary 1 Research Sources