Sanitary Protection in Taiwan
As sanitary protection is considered fairly mature in Taiwan, manufacturers tend to add more value to products to drive value rather than volume sales. Producers of bigger brands concentrate on products with improved features, such as longer sizes or added scent to secure more sales in towels; producers of smaller brands try to gain attention with exclusive herbal scents and antibacterial functions. However, a scandal in August 2017 led to fears that additional ingredients might lead to irregula...
Euromonitor International's Sanitary Protection in Taiwan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2013-2017, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Pantyliners, Sanitary Protection Including Intimate Wipes, Tampons, Towels.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Sanitary Protection market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- SANITARY PROTECTION IN TAIWAN
- Euromonitor International
- April 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Approach Varies According To Player Size and Popularity
- Slim/thin/ultra-thin Towels With Wings Is the Major Battlefield in Sanitary Protection
- Tampons Records Strong Growth, Partly Due To Its Limited Sales Size
- Competitive Landscape
- United Charm Co Ltd Continues To Lead Sanitary Protection in 2017
- International Brands Are Most Popular
- Internet Retailing and Online Marketing Consolidate Sales for Big and Small Players
- Category Data
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 Retail Sales of Tampons by Application Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 4 Retail Sales of Sanitary Towels by Type of Use: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Retail Sanitary Protection: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Sanitary Protection: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 8 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Tissue and Hygiene Posts Slower Value Growth in 2017
- New Product Launches and Segmentation Boost Demand for Premium Products
- Multinational Players Maintain Dominance, But Local Players Hold Some Advantages
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets Remain Key Distribution Channels
- Slowdown in Overall Value Growth Is Expected for Tissue and Hygiene
- Market Indicators
- Table 9 Birth Rates 2012-2017
- Table 10 Infant Population 2012-2017
- Table 11 Female Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 12 Total Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 13 Households 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Infant Population 2017-2022
- Table 15 Forecast Female Population by Age 2017-2022
- Table 16 Forecast Total Population by Age 2017-2022
- Table 17 Forecast Households 2017-2022
- Market Data
- Table 18 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 19 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 20 NBO Company Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 21 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 22 Penetration of Private Label in Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 23 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 24 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 25 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 26 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources