Sanitary Protection in India
In India, standard towels represents the majority of sanitary protection value sales. Pantyliners and tampons are not quite as popular in the country owing to low awareness and consumers’ preference to use these products only during menstruation. Additionally, there are misconceptions and fears over the use of tampons, following health concerns. The incidence of toxic shock syndrome, stemming from bacterial infections associated with the use of tampons, is a primary concern for consumers despite...
Euromonitor International's Sanitary Protection in India report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Pantyliners, Sanitary Protection Including Intimate Wipes, Tampons, Towels.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Sanitary Protection market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Sanitary Protection in India
- Euromonitor International
- March 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Standard Towels Continues To Be the Most Popular Category
- Below-the-line Promotions To Increase the Uptake of Disposable Sanitary Protection
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers and Modern Grocery Retailers Remain the Leading Distribution Channels
- Competitive Landscape
- Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Health Care Ltd Launches Strategic Initiatives To Meet Consumers' Needs
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd Sells Its Entire 50% Stake in Joint Venture With Kimberly-Clark Lever Pvt Ltd
- Category Data
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Retail Sales of Tampons by Application Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 Retail Sales of Towels by Type of Use: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Retail Sanitary Protection: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Sanitary Protection: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 7 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 8 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Retail Hygiene Drives Growth of Tissue and Hygiene Sales
- Goods and Services Tax (gst) Elicits Mixed Responses From Industry
- International Companies Dominate Sales
- Consumers Are Increasingly Attracted by the Convenience and Wide Product Offerings Provided by Internet Retailing
- Rising Awareness and Routine Adoption To Drive Future Growth of Tissue and Hygiene
- Market Indicators
- Table 9 Birth Rates 2013-2018
- Table 10 Infant Population 2013-2018
- Table 11 Female Population by Age 2013-2018
- Table 12 Total Population by Age 2013-2018
- Table 13 Households 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Infant Population 2018-2023
- Table 15 Forecast Female Population by Age 2018-2023
- Table 16 Forecast Total Population by Age 2018-2023
- Table 17 Forecast Households 2018-2023
- Market Data
- Table 18 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 19 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 20 NBO Company Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 21 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 22 Penetration of Private Label in Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 23 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 24 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 25 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 26 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Summary 1 Research Sources