Sanitary Protection in Egypt
Volume growth in pantyliners remained positive but slowed down slightly in 2018. This, combined with lower unit prices due to price adjustments after the shock of the Egyptian pound flotation in 2016 had subsided, has seen overall value growth in the category stagnate. This was due to the fact that pantyliners are considered a niche in Egypt and are not an absolute necessity for Egyptian females. They are also highly substitutable by towels, which are much more widespread and popular amongst Egy...
Euromonitor International's Sanitary Protection in Egypt report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Pantyliners, Sanitary Protection Including Intimate Wipes, Tampons, Towels.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Sanitary Protection market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Sanitary Protection in Egypt
- Euromonitor International
- March 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Pantyliners Stagnates in Value Terms in 2018
- Tampons Registers Slightly Negative Value Growth in 2018
- Slim/thin/ultra-thin Towels Expected To Outperform Standard Towels Over Forecast Period
- Competitive Landscape
- Procter & Gamble Egypt Sae Continues To Dominate Sanitary Protection
- Quality and Brand Awareness Remain the Major Drivers of Brand Sales
- Tampax Remains the Only Brand Offered in Tampons
- Category Data
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Retail Sales of Tampons by Application Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Retail Sanitary Protection: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Sanitary Protection: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Tissue and Hygiene Records Weak Value Growth in 2018
- Decreasing Unit Prices Contribute To Slowdown in Tissue and Hygiene Value Growth
- Procter & Gamble Egypt Sae Continues To Lead Tissue and Hygiene But Hayat Kimya Is Gaining Ground
- Modern Retail Channels Continue To Dominate Retail Tissue and Hygiene
- Performance of Tissue and Hygiene Is Expected To Be Strong in the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Birth Rates 2013-2018
- Table 9 Infant Population 2013-2018
- Table 10 Female Population by Age 2013-2018
- Table 11 Total Population by Age 2013-2018
- Table 12 Households 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Infant Population 2018-2023
- Table 14 Forecast Female Population by Age 2018-2023
- Table 15 Forecast Total Population by Age 2018-2023
- Table 16 Forecast Households 2018-2023
- Market Data
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 18 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 19 NBO Company Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 20 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 21 Penetration of Private Label in Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 22 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 23 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 25 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Summary 1 Research Sources