Sanitary Protection in Costa Rica
In 2017, Costa Rican women continued to opt for well-known brands which offer both good quality and value for money. In such a context, major global manufacturers such as Essity and Kimberly-Clark continued to look for additional revenue opportunities through brand extensions so as to offer women additional levels of convenience and try and recruit new customers. For example, Essity, under its Saba brand, introduced intimate wipes, which is currently an underdeveloped category.
Euromonitor International's Sanitary Protection in Costa Rica report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2013-2017, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Pantyliners, Sanitary Protection Including Intimate Wipes, Tampons, Towels.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Sanitary Protection market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- SANITARY PROTECTION IN COSTA RICA
- Euromonitor International
- March 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Leading Manufacturers Continue To Benefit From Strong Brand Recognition and Consumer Trust
- More Brand Manufacturers Likely To Invest in Complementary Personal Hygiene Products Under Their Existing Brands
- Competitive Landscape
- International Manufacturers Lead Both Volume and Value Sales
- Global Players Focus on Innovation As A Strategy To Hamper the Rising Penetration of More Basic and Lower-priced Products
- Category Data
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Retail Sanitary Protection: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Sanitary Protection: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Economy Products Continue To Gain Ground in Retail Tissue
- Top-of-mind Brands Lose Ground in Retail Tissue While Consumers Place Greater Importance on Quality in Retail Hygiene
- Major Global Players Continue To Lose Ground in Basic Tissue Categories While Opting To Focus on Added-value Hygiene Products
- Private Label Players Address the Rising Popularity of Basic Toilet Paper in Traditional Grocery Outlets
- Global Manufacturers Set To Continue To Invest in Innovation and Differentiation Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Birth Rates 2012-2017
- Table 8 Infant Population 2012-2017
- Table 9 Female Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 10 Total Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 11 Households 2012-2017
- Table 12 Forecast Infant Population 2017-2022
- Table 13 Forecast Female Population by Age 2017-2022
- Table 14 Forecast Total Population by Age 2017-2022
- Table 15 Forecast Households 2017-2022
- Market Data
- Table 16 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 20 Penetration of Private Label in Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 21 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 22 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format and Category: % Value 2016
- Table 23 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources