Rice, Pasta and Noodles in the Netherlands
Coronavirus (COVID-19) has had a strong positive impact on retail sales of rice, pasta and noodles, to offset the sharp decline in foodservice sales. With restaurants closed, the first weeks of the lockdown saw retail sales of rice and pasta rise exponentially. Consumers stockpiled these staple foods as meal occasions shifted solely to the home. As in other categories, rice, pasta and noodles has been marked by a channel shift from physical retailing to e-commerce, as “house-bound” consumers app...
Euromonitor International's Rice, Pasta and Noodles in Netherlands report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2015-2019, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Noodles, Pasta, Rice.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Rice, Pasta and Noodles market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Rice, Pasta and Noodles in the Netherlands
- Euromonitor International
- December 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2020 IMPACT
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) produces spike in sales of convenient and trusted staples like rice, pasta and noodles as meal consumption shifts to the home
- Growing interest in Asian and other more exotic cuisines boosts the use of rice and noodles, while pasta benefits from the enduring popularity of Italian food
- The economic fallout of COVID-19 provides a fillip to already strong private label as consumers seek good price-quality ratios
- RECOVERY AND OPPORTUNITIES
- As COVID-19 effects linger consumers are expected to continue to cook at home to offer residual growth opportunities for rice, pasta and noodles
- Healthier and more innovative new product development in chilled and dried pasta provides optimism for growth in a mature category
- Brown and organic rice products set to add value to the offer and sales although the category faces growing competition from health-positioned alternatives
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Rice, Pasta and Noodles by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 2 Sales of Rice, Pasta and Noodles by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 3 Sales of Rice, Pasta and Noodles by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 4 Sales of Rice, Pasta and Noodles by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 5 Sales of Instant Noodles by Leading Flavours: Rankings 2015-2020
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Rice, Pasta and Noodles: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Rice, Pasta and Noodles: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 8 NBO Company Shares of Rice: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 9 LBN Brand Shares of Rice: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Pasta: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Pasta: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Noodles: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Noodles: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 14 Distribution of Rice, Pasta and Noodles by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 15 Distribution of Rice by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 16 Distribution of Pasta by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 17 Distribution of Noodles by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Rice, Pasta and Noodles by Category: Volume 2020-2025
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Rice, Pasta and Noodles by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Rice, Pasta and Noodles by Category: % Volume Growth 2020-2025
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Rice, Pasta and Noodles by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025