Retail Tissue in Japan
Facial tissues, comprising boxed facial tissues and pocket handkerchiefs, witnessed a significant drop in demand in 2020, due to home seclusion as a result of the pandemic. Usage of facial tissues was therefore limited, as the population was less exposed to general cold viruses and pollens. The wearing of face masks when leaving the home, social distancing, the greater usage of air purifiers and humidifiers, stringent cleaning routines of both the home and clothing, and frequent usage of antibac...
Euromonitor International's Retail Tissue in Japan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2018-2022, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2027 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Facial Tissues, Paper Tableware, Paper Towels, Toilet Paper.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Retail Tissue market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Retail Tissue in Japan
- Euromonitor International
- March 2023
- List Of Contents And Tables
- RETAIL TISSUE IN JAPAN
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2022 DEVELOPMENTS
- Major drivers return as society normalises
- Inflation hits major players
- Daio strengthens leadership with popular Elleair brand
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Shift towards retail tissue products with higher specific value
- Sustainability supports tissue usage with shift away from plastic
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Tissue by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Tissue by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Retail Tissue: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Tissue: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 5 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- TISSUE AND HYGIENE IN JAPAN
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Tissue and hygiene in 2022: The big picture
- 2022 key trends
- Competitive landscape
- Retailing developments
- What next for tissue and hygiene?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 7 Birth Rates 2017-2022
- Table 8 Infant Population 2017-2022
- Table 9 Female Population by Age 2017-2022
- Table 10 Total Population by Age 2017-2022
- Table 11 Households 2017-2022
- Table 12 Forecast Infant Population 2022-2027
- Table 13 Forecast Female Population by Age 2022-2027
- Table 14 Forecast Total Population by Age 2022-2027
- Table 15 Forecast Households 2022-2027
- MARKET DATA
- Table 16 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 20 Penetration of Private Label in Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 21 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 22 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format and Category: % Value 2022
- Table 23 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- Summary 1 Research Sources