- RETAIL ADULT INCONTINENCE IN SOUTH AFRICA
- Euromonitor International
- March 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Adult Incontinence Remains Niche Due To Small Population Above the Age of 65
- Clicks Only Notable Player To Provide Private Label Alternatives
- Competitive Landscape
- SCA Hygiene Now Falls Under Essity Brand
- Essity Remains Dominant Player Thanks To Tena Product Range
- Moderate/heavy Adult Incontinence To Drive Moderate Growth Over Forecast Period
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Retail Adult Incontinence by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Retail Adult Incontinence by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Retail Adult Incontinence: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Adult Incontinence: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Retail Adult Incontinence by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Retail Adult Incontinence by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Consumers Continue To Demand Value Offerings
- Increased Private Label Alternatives, Price Promotions and Economical Pack Sizes
- SCA Hygiene Products Splits, Twinsaver Group Acquires Validus Medical and Sylko
- Traditional Bricks-and-mortar Stores Dominate
- Consumer Price Inflation Influences Volume Growth
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Birth Rates 2012-2017
- Table 8 Infant Population 2012-2017
- Table 9 Female Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 10 Total Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 11 Households 2012-2017
- Table 12 Forecast Infant Population 2017-2022
- Table 13 Forecast Female Population by Age 2017-2022
- Table 14 Forecast Total Population by Age 2017-2022
- Table 15 Forecast Households 2017-2022
- Market Data
- Table 16 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 20 Penetration of Private Label in Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 21 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 22 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 23 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources
Retail Adult Incontinence in South Africa
South Africa’s population above the age of 65 is just over three million people, which is about 6% of the total population. When taking into consideration how many elderly people suffer from adult incontinence and the limited number that can afford these products, it is clear that a very small percentage of the overall population falls into that age group. Therefore, adult incontinence remains a small and niche category, however increased visibility in stores and advertising are encouraging grow...
Euromonitor International's Retail Adult Incontinence in South Africa report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2013-2017, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Retail Light Adult Incontinence, Retail Moderate/Heavy Adult Incontinence.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Retail Adult Incontinence market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.