Polishes in Nigeria
Nigeria has a large population of 191 million people, of which at least two in five own a pair of shoes worth polishing at least once a week. Mobile shoe shiners are also a common sight in Nigeria, and charge NGN20 for polishing a pair of shoes. These mobile shoe shiners are patronised mostly by working-class Nigerians, who are either too busy to polish their shoes at home, or have their shoes stained in the course of the business day and need them to look neat again.
Euromonitor International's Polishes in Nigeria market report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data (historic date range), allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new product developments, packaging innovations, economic/lifestyle influences, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Floor Polish, Furniture Polish, Metal Polish, Shoe Polish.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Polishes market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- POLISHES IN NIGERIA
- Euromonitor International
- February 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Volume Sales of Shoe Polish Are Supported by Mobile Shoe Shiners
- the Recession and Job Cuts Stifle the Volume Growth of Polishes
- Demand for Polishes Will Grow As the Number of Inductees in the Military Grows
- Competitive Landscape
- International Brands Continue To Dominate Through Distribution in Modern Retailers
- Kiwi Remains the Leading Brand, and Black Shoe Polish Accounts for the Highest Value Share
- Floor Polish Sees the Highest Sales and Forecast Growth in Business-to-business Sales
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Polishes by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Polishes by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Polishes: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Polishes: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Polishes by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Polishes by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Lower-priced Home Care Products See Growth
- International Brands Remain Dominant in the Market in 2017
- the Growing Population, Culture and Advertising Drive Value Sales
- New Products With Multiple Uses Gain Traction in 2017
- Home Care Is Projected To Sustain Growth Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Households 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 8 Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 9 Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Home Care: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Home Care: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 12 Penetration of Private Label in Home Care by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 13 Distribution of Home Care by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Distribution of Home Care by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources