Pet Products in the United Kingdom
The humanisation trend where pets became fully-fledged family members, saw consumers spending more on their pets. As such, pet products is expected to be resilient to economic slowdown and will continue to outperform growth in pet food, which largely reached maturity. Urbanisation led to an increased number of single-person households and smaller living spaces shared by owners and their pets. Hygiene and health issues associated with pets such as odours and fleas underpinned the positive retail...
Euromonitor International's Pet Products in United Kingdom report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2013-2017, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Cat Litter, Other Pet Products, Pet Dietary Supplements, Pet Healthcare.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Pet Products market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- PET PRODUCTS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
- Euromonitor International
- May 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Urbanisation and Pet Humanisation Boost Demand for Pet Products in 2017
- Health and Indulgence Underpin Value Growth
- Pet Shops and Pet Superstores Remain Leading Distribution Channels
- Competitive Landscape
- Bob Martin Leads Branded Pet Products Manufacturers, But Private Label Wins
- Value for Money and Premium Positioning Drive Innovation in Cat Litter
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Pet Products by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Pet Products by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Pet Healthcare by Type: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 Sales of Other Pet Products by Type: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Pet Products by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Pet Products by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Humanisation and Premiumisation Continue To Shape Pet Food and Pet Care
- Health Is Key To the Premium Trend
- Mars and Nestlé Purina Remain Leaders But Small Premium Players Pose A Threat
- Internet Retailing Thrives and Goes Into Battle With Supermarkets/hypermarkets
- Declining Dog Ownership and Pet Humanisation Affect Sales in Different Ways
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Pet Populations 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 8 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 9 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 11 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 14 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 15 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 16 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 17 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 18 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 19 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 20 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2018-2023
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2018-2023
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Summary 1 Research Sources