Paediatric Consumer Health in Portugal
When it comes to their children, Portuguese parents tend to prefer to consult a doctor and obtain Rx products rather than self-medicating with OTC products. Indeed, paediatric consumer health is a very small area in Portugal and, over the forecast period, parents are expected to continue to avoid self-medication and ask for a doctor’s opinion first. However, the fact that consumers are taking a more proactive attitude towards health, including towards their children’s health, is set to benefit s...
Euromonitor International's Paediatric Consumer Health in Portugal report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Nappy (Diaper) Rash Treatments, Paediatric Analgesics, Paediatric Cough, Cold and Allergy Remedies, Paediatric Dermatologicals, Paediatric Digestive Remedies, Paediatric Vitamins and Dietary Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Paediatric Consumer Health market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Paediatric Consumer Health in Portugal
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Parents Continue To Prefer Prescription Products for Children
- Parents See Paediatric Vitamins and Dietary Supplements As A Way To Support Healthy Development in Their Children
- Child Population Set To Shrink But Skin Allergies Represent An Opportunity
- Competitive Landscape
- Halibut Nets Top Spot With Trusted Range of Nappy (diaper) Rash Treatments
- Multinationals Hold Strong Position As Consumers Place Trust in Well-known Brands
- Introduction of Targeted Products Could Offer Opportunity for Growth
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Paediatric Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Paediatric Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 Sales of Paediatric Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Type: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Paediatric Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Paediatric Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Paediatric Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Paediatric Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Consumer Health Benefits From Growing Focus on Health and Wellness and Willingness To Self-medicate
- Busy, Urban Lifestyles Driving Demand for Effective OTC Medication
- GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer Combine Businesses To Become Consumer Health Powerhouse
- Chemists/pharmacies Remains Leading Retail Channel Due To Strong Consumer Trust
- Consumer Health Set for New Challenges and Opportunities Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources