Paediatric Consumer Health in Kenya
With an increasing child population in Kenya, demand for paediatric consumer health continued to grow in 2019. This trend is supporting growing demand for a number of products including paediatric vitamins and dietary supplements, paediatric digestive remedies, paediatric acetaminophen and combination products within analgesics, as concerned parents look to over the counter remedies to alleviate their children’s suffering from certain types of pain or ailments. However, in line with warnings abo...
Euromonitor International's Paediatric Consumer Health in Kenya report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Nappy (Diaper) Rash Treatments, Paediatric Analgesics, Paediatric Cough, Cold and Allergy Remedies, Paediatric Dermatologicals, Paediatric Digestive Remedies, Paediatric Vitamins and Dietary Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Paediatric Consumer Health market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Paediatric Consumer Health in Kenya
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Overall Positive Performance for Paediatric Consumer Health But Parents Warned of the Dangers Relating To Self-medicating
- Lack of Support for Cough Remedies With Traditional Remedies Preferred by Many Kenyans
- Generic Medicine Increasing in Popularity Offering Greater Affordability
- Competitive Landscape
- Multinational Players Benefit From Long-standing Presence
- Flavour and Attractive Packaging Key Elements in Paediatric Consumer Health
- Greater Focus by Companies To Manufacture Generics
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Paediatric Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Paediatric Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 Sales of Paediatric Vitamins and Dietary Supplements by Type: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 4 Forecast Sales of Paediatric Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Paediatric Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Ongoing Demand for Consumer Health Driven by Growing Mid-income Segment and More Affordable Generics for Less Affluent Kenyans
- Country Continues To Look To Parallel Imports for Affordable Generics Despite Local Manufacturers Supplying High Share of Rx Products To Region
- Gsk Consumer Healthcare Leads Fragmented Competitive Landscape
- Chemists/pharmacies Remains Dominant Distribution Channel But Mobile Apps Offer Consumers Innovative Way To Locate Certain Products
- Consumer Health To Record Positive Performance Supported by Greater Uptake of Affordable Generics
- Market Indicators
- Table 6 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 7 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 8 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 12 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources