Packaged Food in the United Arab Emirates
The economy dynamics in the United Arab Emirates was dictated by two opposite forces, namely an increase in government spending on infrastructure as part of preparations for 2020 World Expo, and OPEC’s production cap which has limited economic growth. This is in addition to lower global growth and a fragile real estate sector. Economic growth will, however, remain below trend for the next several years. Growth of real GDP will average around 2.5% per year over 2020-2026.
Euromonitor International's Packaged Food in United Arab Emirates report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2015-2019, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Packaged Food market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Packaged Food in the United Arab Emirates
- Euromonitor International
- February 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Moderate growth of packaged food despite increased frugality
- Private label gains stronger presence across categories
- Health and wellness products experience strong growth rate but remain modest contributor to packaged food universe
- E-commerce continuously growing, fuelled by the need for convenience
- Stronger labelling legislation to be implemented over forecast period
- Sales to Foodservice
- Multiple variables leading to growth of sales to foodservice
- Ethnicity-orientated cuisines play vital part in growth of packaged food for foodservice
- Retailers exploring new store-based retailing formats
- Consumer Foodservice
- Foodservice sector faces slowdown as increased competition and weaker consumer spending impact operator margins
- Competition and consolidation go hand in hand in online ordering segment
- Expo 2020 offers positive prospects for foodservice sector
- Category Data
- Table 1 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 2 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2019-2024
- Table 4 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2019-2024
- MARKET DATA
- Table 5 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 6 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 7 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 8 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 9 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 12 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 13 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2019-2024
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2019-2024
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Summary 1 Research Sources