Packaged Food in Thailand
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the Thai packaged food market in 2020. The closure of foodservice channels and the imposition of a curfew had a marked negative effect on sales of packaged food in the on-trade environment during the early part of the pandemic. As a result, many consumers turned to retail channels, especially as the closure of workplaces and schools, as well as a wider increase in working from home, further increased the at-home cooking and consumption of foo...
Euromonitor International's Packaged Food in Thailand report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2015-2019, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Cooking Ingredients and Meals, Dairy Products and Alternatives, Snacks, Staple Foods.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Packaged Food market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Packaged Food in Thailand
- Euromonitor International
- December 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COVID-19 impact on packaged food
- COVID-19 country impact
- Company response
- Retailing shift
- Foodservice vs retail split
- What next for packaged food?
- Sales to Foodservice
- Lockdown hits sales to foodservice hard
- Hotel-focused products see significant negative impact
- Demand for dairy products and snacks undermined by changes in lifestyle and reduction in dining-in
- Consumer Foodservice
- COVID-19 consolidates trend towards food delivery
- Pandemic bolsters influence of smartphones and social media
- Upmarket buffet trend undermined by COVID-19
- Category Data
- Table 1 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 2 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 3 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2020-2025
- Table 4 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2020-2025
- CHART 1 Packaged Food Value Sales Growth Scenarios: 2018-2025
- CHART 2 Packaged Food Impact of Drivers on Value Sales: 2017-2025
- MARKET DATA
- Table 5 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 6 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 7 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 8 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 9 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 12 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 13 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 14 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2020
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2020-2025
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2020-2025
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- GLOBAL INDUSTRY ENVIRONMENT
- Summary 1 Research Sources