Packaged Food in Norway
Packaged food will see markedly boosted sales in 2020 as the category was heavily impacted by COVID-19. In mid-March, as the spread of the virus intensified in Norway, people avoided non-essential trips outside their homes, greatly reducing the footfall in cafés and restaurants. Instead, they visited local grocery retailers or relied upon e-commerce for most of their shopping needs. The increasing economic divide in society has been emphasised by COVID-19, leading to growth in the extreme offeri...
Euromonitor International's Packaged Food in Norway report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2015-2019, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Cooking Ingredients and Meals, Dairy Products and Alternatives, Snacks, Staple Foods.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Packaged Food market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Packaged Food in Norway
- Euromonitor International
- December 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COVID-19 impact on packaged food
- COVID-19 country impact
- Company response
- Retailing shift
- Foodservice vs retail split
- What next for packaged food?
- Sales to Foodservice
- Closures and COVID-19 measures decrease packaged food demands; summer sales better than expected
- Strong interplay between retail and foodservice limits COVID-19 damage to major suppliers
- Foodservice players put eco-friendly measures in place, to fight back against food waste
- Consumer Foodservice
- Outlets suffer through temporary closures; independents and chains set to continue to appeal through opposing offerings
- Health and wellness and showcasing eco-credentials accelerate the redefinition of foodservice
- Online ordering and third party delivery companies shake up consumer foodservice
- Category Data
- Table 1 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 2 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 3 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2020-2025
- Table 4 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2020-2025
- CHART 1 Packaged Food Value Sales Growth Scenarios: 2017-2024
- CHART 2 Packaged Food Impact of Drivers on Value Sales: 2016-2024
- MARKET DATA
- Table 5 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 6 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 7 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 8 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 9 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 12 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 13 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 14 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2020
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2020-2025
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2020-2025
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- GLOBAL INDUSTRY ENVIRONMENT
- Summary 1 Research Sources