Machinery in South Korea
Despite difficult industry conditions and widespread political uncertainty, the growth of South Korea’s machinery industry accelerated in 2017, on the back of a mild economic recovery and an uptick in manufacturers’ capital investment geared towards maintaining facilities. According to the Bank of Korea, facility investment soared by 14.6% in 2017, turning around from a 1% year-on-year contraction in 2016. This translated into strengthening demand for high value-added equipment, particularly wit...
Euromonitor International's Industrial reports provide a 360 degree view of an industry. The Industrial market report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the Machinery market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new product developments, packaging innovations, economic/lifestyle influences, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: General Purpose Machinery, Special Purpose Machinery.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Machinery market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- MACHINERY IN SOUTH KOREA
- Euromonitor International
- October 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Korea's Manufacturers' Planned Facility Investments Set To Ensure Domestic Sales
- Exports Anticipated To Maintain Steady Growth Momentum
- Outsourcing Trend To Pose A Challenge To Machinery Industry
- Competitive Landscape
- Producers Invest in Innovation Aiming To Capitalise on Rising Demand for Industry 4 Solutions
- Industry Overview
- Chart 1 Industry's Production Value 2002-2022, LCU million
- Chart 2 Industry's Value Added 2012-2017, LCU million
- Chart 3 Industry's Profits and Profit Margin 2012-2017, LCU million
- Chart 4 Industry Structure by Category 2012-2017, LCU million
- Chart 5 Pumps, Compressors, Taps and Valves Production 2002-2022, LCU million
- Chart 6 Machinery for Rubber, Plastics and Paper Industries and Other Special Purpose Machinery Production 2002-2022, LCU million
- Chart 7 Industrial Air-conditioning, Packaging and Other General Purpose Machinery Production 2002-2022, LCU million
- Chart 8 Machinery for Construction, Mining and Quarrying Production 2002-2022, LCU million
- Chart 9 Lifting and Handling Equipment Production 2002-2022, LCU million
- Chart 10 Absolute Growth by Category, LCU million
- Industry's Cost Structure
- Chart 11 Industry's Cost Structure 2012-2017, LCU million
- Chart 12 Industry's Costs, LCU million
- Chart 13 Imports, Exports and Trade Balance 2012-2017, LCU million
- Chart 14 Exports by Category 2012-2017, LCU million
- Chart 15 Exports by Country 2012-2017, LCU million
- Chart 16 Imports by Category 2012-2017, LCU million
- Chart 17 Imports by Country 2012-2017, LCU million
- Market Structure
- Chart 18 Market Structure 2012-2017, LCU million
- Chart 19 Market Structure by Category 2012-2017, LCU million
- Chart 20 Market Structure by Buyer 2012-2017
- Chart 21 Industry's Demand Structure 2012-2017
- Chart 22 Employment Statistics and Productivity 2012-2017
- Chart 23 Number of Companies by Company's Size 2012-2017
- Chart 24 Firmographics Distribution by Revenue 2012-2017, % of total revenue
- Chart 25 Industry Concentration 2012-2017, % share of total production value
- Chart 26 Top Company Shares 2017, % of total production value
- Chart 27 Top 5 Company Share Dynamics 2012-2017, % of total production value
- Chart 28 Production Value Performance by Company 2012-2017
- Industry's Context
- Chart 29 Industry vs GDP Performance 2002-2022, % Y-O-Y growth
- Chart 30 Machinery vs Other Industries 2002-2022, LCU million
- Chart 31 Industry Size by Region 2017, USD million
- Chart 32 Machinery in Asia Pacific 2002-2022, USD million