Luxury Timepieces in South Africa
There is a growing appetite among locals for luxury brands, especially accessories such as jewellery and watches. For consumers who are unable to purchase new products, second-hand items are often the next best option. This niche and lucrative segment of luxury timepieces has been identified by some keen local entrepreneurs who have set up e-commerce businesses to sell second-hand luxury items. VIP, Wilberrys SA and Luxity are some of the popular online stores. VIP and Luxity find the best authe...
Euromonitor International's Luxury Timepieces in South Africa report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the Luxury Timepieces market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market and their effects on Luxury Timepieces retailing along with the development of consumers’ shopping patterns. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change
Product coverage: Men's Luxury Timepieces, Women's Luxury Timepieces.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Luxury Timepieces market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- LUXURY TIMEPIECES IN SOUTH AFRICA
- Euromonitor International
- February 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- the Rise of Second-hand Luxury Websites and Auction Sites
- Luxury Timepieces Appeal To Aspirational Consumers As Status Symbols
- Wider Consumer Choice With the Entry of New Brands in South Africa
- Competitive Landscape
- International Timepiece & Fashion Maintains Its Lead
- the Rise in Popularity of Second-hand Watches
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Luxury Timepieces by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Luxury Timepieces by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Luxury Timepieces: % Value 2012-2016
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Luxury Timepieces: % Value 2013-2016
- Table 5 Distribution of Luxury Timepieces by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Luxury Timepieces by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Luxury Timepieces by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Lower Total Value Growth Registered in Luxury Goods in 2017
- No Major Brand Launches
- Luxury Goods Remains Highly Fragmented
- Non-grocery Specialists Continues To Dominate the Distribution of Luxury Goods
- Luxury Goods Expected To Decline Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Number of High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI): 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Inbound Receipts for Luxury Goods by Country of Origin: Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Luxury Goods: % Value 2012-2016
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Luxury Goods: % Value 2013-2016
- Table 14 Distribution of Luxury Goods by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources