Luxury Timepieces in Japan
In 2017, luxury timepieces in Japan recovered from the sharp decline seen in 2016 due to the drop in purchases by foreign travellers, especially from China. This was a result of the introduction of high customs duties for products purchased outside China, affecting sales of luxury timepieces. However, in 2017 tourists started to shop in Japan once again, especially at department stores and stand-alone stores, which sustained value growth. However, volume sales of luxury timepieces continued to d...
Euromonitor International's Luxury Timepieces in Japan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the Luxury Timepieces market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market and their effects on Luxury Timepieces retailing along with the development of consumers’ shopping patterns. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change
Product coverage: Men's Luxury Timepieces, Women's Luxury Timepieces.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Luxury Timepieces market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- LUXURY TIMEPIECES IN JAPAN
- Euromonitor International
- February 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Luxury Timepieces Posts Growth in 2017, But A Potential Threat Emerges
- Purchases by Wealthy Japanese Consumers
- Distribution Patterns
- Competitive Landscape
- Players Struggle To Increase Sales
- the Development of Domestic Brands
- Players Introduce New Models
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Luxury Timepieces by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Luxury Timepieces by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Luxury Timepieces: % Value 2012-2016
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Luxury Timepieces: % Value 2013-2016
- Table 5 Distribution of Luxury Timepieces by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Luxury Timepieces by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Luxury Timepieces by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- the Influence of Tourist Spending on Luxury Goods
- Inbound Tourists Actively Spend on Luxury Goods in 2017, Due To the Reinforcement of Infrastructure in Major Cities
- Young Affluent Japanese Consumers in Their 30s and 40s Become A Significant Consumer Group
- Retailers Shift To Focus on Stand-alone and Online Stores, Yet Department Stores Remain Popular
- the Influx of Tourists Is Expected To Boost the Supply and Sales of Luxury Goods
- Market Indicator
- Table 8 Number of High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI): 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Inbound Receipts for Luxury Goods by Country of Origin: Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Luxury Goods: % Value 2012-2016
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Luxury Goods: % Value 2013-2016
- Table 14 Distribution of Luxury Goods by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources