Luxury Timepieces in Hong Kong, China
The luxury timepieces category saw negative growth in 2019, largely affected by the extended period of civil unrest taking place in Hong Kong throughout the year. However, the category saw a lower level of negative growth than others. Enthusiasts are usually men in the millennial segment, who believe a luxury timepiece represents a good investment. Such products also fulfil their ego, as a luxury timepiece represents a status symbol.
Euromonitor International's Luxury Timepieces in Hong Kong, China report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the Luxury Timepieces market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market and their effects on Luxury Timepieces retailing along with the development of consumers’ shopping patterns. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change
Product coverage: Men's Luxury Timepieces, Women's Luxury Timepieces.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Luxury Timepieces market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Luxury Timepieces in Hong Kong, China
- Euromonitor International
- January 2020
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Luxury Timepieces Remain Popular As Status Symbols Despite Rise of Smartwatches
- Affluent Millennials Seek Simplicity and Escape From Digital Clutter in Luxury Timepieces
- Luxury Timepieces Set To Maintain Prestige Positioning
- Competitive Landscape
- Swatch Group Opens New Omega Outlets, Benefits From Celebrity Instagram Coverage
- Chanel Introduces New J12 Timepiece, While Cartier Freshens Range and Opens Expanded Boutique
- Cie Financière Richemont SA Builds on Previous Success
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Luxury Timepieces by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Luxury Timepieces by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Luxury Timepieces: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Luxury Timepieces: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 5 Distribution of Luxury Timepieces by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Luxury Timepieces by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Luxury Timepieces by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Multiple Factors Lead To Negative Growth in Most Categories in 2019, Men and Millennials Increasingly Important Consumer Segments
- Mainland China Represents Increasing Threat To Shopping in Hong Kong
- German Carmakers Accelerate While Tesla Loses Drive As Tax Benefits Enjoyed by Electric Vehicles Come To An End
- Civil Unrest and High Rents Contribute To Growth of Online Shopping, Increased Demand for Second-hand Luxury Items in Evidence
- Consumers Likely To Demonstrate Pent-up Demand When Civil Unrest Abates
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Number of High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI): 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 Inbound Receipts for Luxury Goods by Country of Origin: Value 2014-2019
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Luxury Goods: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Luxury Goods: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 14 Distribution of Luxury Goods by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Summary 1 Research Sources