Luxury Leather Goods in Japan
Luxury leather goods posted strong current value growth in 2017, showing a quick recovery from the slowdown in 2016. This slowdown was mainly because of the strong yen and the increase of the customs tax rate at the Chinese border, but the number of inbound tourists showed a sharp increase. Inbound tourists started to shop again in 2017, thanks to new or renovated department stores facilitating a better tax-free shopping experience. This also benefited Japanese consumers, who previously tended t...
Euromonitor International's Luxury Leather Goods in Japan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the Luxury Leather Goods market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market and their effects on Luxury Leather Goods retailing along with the development of consumers’ shopping patterns. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change
Product coverage: Luxury Bags and Small Leather Goods, Luxury Travel Goods.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Luxury Leather Goods market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- LUXURY LEATHER GOODS IN JAPAN
- Euromonitor International
- February 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Luxury Leather Goods Posts A Positive Performance
- Price Changes Increase Sales, But the Effect Is Marginal
- Diverse Distribution Channels, Including the Expansion of Internet Retailing
- Competitive Landscape
- Fragmented Category, Led by International Brands
- Affordable Luxury Is More Popular Amongst Younger Shoppers
- International Players Are Keen To Advertise Through Digital Channels
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Luxury Leather Goods: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Luxury Leather Goods: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Luxury Leather Goods: % Value 2012-2016
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Luxury Leather Goods: % Value 2013-2016
- Table 5 Distribution of Luxury Leather Goods by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Luxury Leather Goods: Value 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Luxury Leather Goods: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- the Influence of Tourist Spending on Luxury Goods
- Inbound Tourists Actively Spend on Luxury Goods in 2017, Due To the Reinforcement of Infrastructure in Major Cities
- Young Affluent Japanese Consumers in Their 30s and 40s Become A Significant Consumer Group
- Retailers Shift To Focus on Stand-alone and Online Stores, Yet Department Stores Remain Popular
- the Influx of Tourists Is Expected To Boost the Supply and Sales of Luxury Goods
- Market Indicator
- Table 8 Number of High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI): 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Inbound Receipts for Luxury Goods by Country of Origin: Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Luxury Goods: % Value 2012-2016
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Luxury Goods: % Value 2013-2016
- Table 14 Distribution of Luxury Goods by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources