Luxury Eyewear in South Africa
Luxury eyewear sales are driven by wealthy shoppers and aspirational consumers. The wealthy are price-inelastic and prefer luxury and high-end brands such as Chanel and Tom Ford. Aspirational consumers, who are more price-sensitive and tend to finance the purchase of luxury items through credit, prefer more affordable luxury brands. Luxury eyewear is characterised by aggressive price promotions in a bid to drive volume sales. However, stricter regulations are making it harder for aspirational co...
Euromonitor International's Luxury Eyewear in South Africa report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the Luxury Eyewear market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market and their effects on Luxury Eyewear retailing along with the development of consumers’ shopping patterns. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change
Product coverage: Luxury Spectacle Frames, Luxury Sun Glasses.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Luxury Eyewear market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- LUXURY EYEWEAR IN SOUTH AFRICA
- Euromonitor International
- February 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Luxury Eyewear Registers Lower Retail Value Growth Due To Economic Challenges
- Price Discounting and the Weaker Rand Affect Profit Margins
- Competitive Landscape
- Luxottica Maintains Its Dominance With Strong Brands
- Rising Unit Prices and Stringent Credit Regulations Impact Growth
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Luxury Eyewear by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Luxury Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Luxury Eyewear: % Value 2012-2016
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Luxury Eyewear: % Value 2013-2016
- Table 5 Distribution of Luxury Eyewear by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Luxury Eyewear by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Luxury Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Lower Total Value Growth Registered in Luxury Goods in 2017
- No Major Brand Launches
- Luxury Goods Remains Highly Fragmented
- Non-grocery Specialists Continues To Dominate the Distribution of Luxury Goods
- Luxury Goods Expected To Decline Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Number of High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI): 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Inbound Receipts for Luxury Goods by Country of Origin: Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Luxury Goods: % Value 2012-2016
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Luxury Goods: % Value 2013-2016
- Table 14 Distribution of Luxury Goods by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources