Luxury Eyewear in Japan
Luxury eyewear in Japan posted slow growth in volume terms in 2017. The demand for luxury eyewear, particularly sunglasses, amongst wealthy Japanese consumers, is not expected to decrease. However, diverse sales channels, such as internet retailing, contributed to a decrease in the unit price of luxury eyewear in 2017, which contributed to lower current value growth than volume growth in 2017. This is expected to continue in the forecast period. The decreased demand from international travellers...
Euromonitor International's Luxury Eyewear in Japan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the Luxury Eyewear market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market and their effects on Luxury Eyewear retailing along with the development of consumers’ shopping patterns. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change
Product coverage: Luxury Spectacle Frames, Luxury Sun Glasses.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Luxury Eyewear market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- LUXURY EYEWEAR IN JAPAN
- Euromonitor International
- February 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- the Price of Luxury Eyewear Declines Slowly in Japan
- Changes in Sales Channels
- Potential Threat To Luxury Spectacle Frames
- Competitive Landscape
- Mirari Japan Continues To Lead Luxury Eyewear
- Other Players Remain Active
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Luxury Eyewear by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Luxury Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Luxury Eyewear: % Value 2012-2016
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Luxury Eyewear: % Value 2013-2016
- Table 5 Distribution of Luxury Eyewear by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Luxury Eyewear by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Luxury Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- the Influence of Tourist Spending on Luxury Goods
- Inbound Tourists Actively Spend on Luxury Goods in 2017, Due To the Reinforcement of Infrastructure in Major Cities
- Young Affluent Japanese Consumers in Their 30s and 40s Become A Significant Consumer Group
- Retailers Shift To Focus on Stand-alone and Online Stores, Yet Department Stores Remain Popular
- the Influx of Tourists Is Expected To Boost the Supply and Sales of Luxury Goods
- Market Indicator
- Table 8 Number of High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI): 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Inbound Receipts for Luxury Goods by Country of Origin: Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Luxury Goods: % Value 2012-2016
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Luxury Goods: % Value 2013-2016
- Table 14 Distribution of Luxury Goods by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources