Lodging in Vietnam
Short-term rental is a rising trend among local young people in Vietnam due to low cost. Moreover, an increasing percentage of foreign tourists are choosing to stay in short-term rentals rather than hotels – not necessarily because they seek more affordable prices, but because they appreciate the opportunity to have contact with local hosts and friends and enjoy more authentic exposure to local culture. Because government law enforcement is weak and there is little regulatory restriction, local...
Euromonitor International's Lodging in Vietnam report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest market size data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new legislative, technology or pricing issues. Background information on disposable income, annual leave and holiday taking habits is also included. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Hotels, Lodging Offline, Lodging Online, Other Lodging, Short-Term Rentals.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Lodging market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Lodging in Vietnam
- Euromonitor International
- September 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- As Short-term Rentals Become Increasingly Popular, Locals Find Fixing Up and Renting Their Flats and Houses To Be A Safe and Lucrative Investment
- Other Types of Hotels May See Higher Growth, But Luxury and Upscale Hotel Players Have Strong Incentive To Expand
- Intermediaries Online Lodging Sales Strongly Increase in Tandem With Strong Development of Internet and Increased Number of Internet Users
- Category Data
- Table 1 Lodging Sales: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Lodging Online Sales: Value 2014-2019
- Table 3 Hotels Sales: Value 2014-2019
- Table 4 Hotels Online Sales: Value 2014-2019
- Table 5 Other Lodging Sales: Value 2014-2019
- Table 6 Other Lodging Online Sales: Value 2014-2019
- Table 7 Lodging Outlets: Units 2014-2019
- Table 8 Lodging: Number of Rooms 2014-2019
- Table 9 Lodging by Incoming vs Domestic: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Hotels NBO Company Shares: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 11 Hotel Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2019
- Table 12 Forecast Lodging Sales: Value 2019-2024
- Table 13 Forecast Lodging Online Sales: Value 2019-2024
- Table 14 Forecast Hotels Sales: Value 2019-2024
- Table 15 Forecast Hotels Online Sales: Value 2019-2024
- Table 16 Forecast Other Lodging Sales: Value 2019-2024
- Table 17 Forecast Other Lodging Online Sales: Value 2019-2024
- Table 18 Forecast Lodging Outlets: Units 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Vietnam Is Enjoying Strong Economic Growth and Development, Resulting in Higher Tourist Traffic in All Directions
- Online Sales Continue To Outpace Offline Sales in All Major Categories As Travellers Are Increasingly Connected
- Vietjet and Vinpearl Maintain Their Leading Positions in Low-cost Airlines, Ongoing Promotion and Expansion
- Among Vietnam's Many and Varied Tourist Attractions Unusual Theme Parks Across the Country Are Commanding More Attention
- Prospects for Value Growth Are Strongly Positive for All Travel and Tourism Categories in Vietnam Over the Forecast Period
- Summary 1 Destination Vietnam: SWOT
- Market Data
- Table 19 Annual Leave: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 20 Travellers by Age: Number of People 2014-2019
- Table 21 Seasonality: Number of People 2014-2019
- Table 22 Leisure Outbound Demographics: Number of Trips 2014-2019
- Table 23 Other Transport Sales: Value 2014-2019
- Table 24 Other Transport Online Sales: Value 2014-2019
- Table 25 Forecast Other Transport Sales: Value 2019-2024
- Table 26 Forecast Other Transport Online Sales: Value 2019-2024
- Table 27 Activities: Value 2014-2019
- Table 28 Forecast Activities: Value 2019-2024
- Summary 2 Research Sources