Lodging in Greece
Current value sales in lodging overall in Greece have so far plunged by 62% in 2020, compared to 2019’s 8% rise. In hotels, room nights are falling by 57% and value sales by 60% with luxury and upscale hotels leading the decline, and in short-term rentals, value sales decline by 65%.
Euromonitor International's Lodging in Greece report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest market size data 2015-2019, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new legislative, technology or pricing issues. Background information on disposable income, annual leave and holiday taking habits is also included. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Hotels, Lodging Offline, Lodging Online, Other Lodging, Short-Term Rentals.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Lodging market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Lodging in Greece
- Euromonitor International
- October 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2020 IMPACT
- Hotels adopt a raft of new measures to remain ready for service during the pandemic
- Short-term rentals suffers on several fronts and faces slow recovery
- RECOVERY AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Subsidised social tourism scheme set to boost domestic travel in Greece
- Stricter controls for short-term rentals look likely to stress sector further
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Lodging Sales: Value 2015-2020
- Table 2 Lodging Online Sales: Value 2015-2020
- Table 3 Hotels Sales: Value 2015-2020
- Table 4 Hotels Online Sales: Value 2015-2020
- Table 5 Other Lodging Sales: Value 2015-2020
- Table 6 Other Lodging Online Sales: Value 2015-2020
- Table 7 Lodging Outlets: Units 2015-2020
- Table 8 Lodging: Number of Rooms 2015-2020
- Table 9 Lodging by Incoming vs Domestic: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 10 Hotels NBO Company Shares: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 11 Hotel Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2020
- Table 12 Forecast Lodging Sales: Value 2020-2025
- Table 13 Forecast Lodging Online Sales: Value 2020-2025
- Table 14 Forecast Hotels Sales: Value 2020-2025
- Table 15 Forecast Hotels Online Sales: Value 2020-2025
- Table 16 Forecast Other Lodging Sales: Value 2020-2025
- Table 17 Forecast Other Lodging Online Sales: Value 2020-2025
- Table 18 Forecast Lodging Outlets: Units 2020-2025
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COVID-19 impact on travel
- COVID-19 country impact
- Company response to COVID-19: Airlines and hotels
- Impact of COVID-19 on online bookings and travel intermediaries
- What next for travel?
- CHART 1 Inbound Receipts: 2020-2025
- CHART 2 Average Spend per Trip for Inbound Arrivals: 2020-2025
- MARKET DATA
- Table 19 Annual Leave: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 20 Travellers by Age: Number of People 2015-2020
- Table 21 Seasonality: Number of People 2015-2020
- Table 22 Leisure Outbound Demographics: Number of Trips 2015-2020
- Table 23 Other Transport Sales: Value 2015-2020
- Table 24 Other Transport Online Sales: Value 2015-2020
- Table 25 Forecast Other Transport Sales: Value 2020-2025
- Table 26 Forecast Other Transport Online Sales: Value 2020-2025
- Table 27 Activities and Experiences: Value 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Activities and Experiences: Value 2020-2025
- GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- GLOBAL INDUSTRY ENVIRONMENT
- Summary 1 Research Sources