Lodging (Destination) in Hungary
Much like Budapest, smaller cities and regional areas in Hungary have witnessed significant increases in lodging supply in recent years, particularly since the easing of the pandemic and the ending of related restrictions. A key driver of growth in the total number of rooms available in the country has been the entry of new international hotel chains. This trend has remained strong in 2023 even as soaring construction costs and labour shortages have slowed the completion of new builds and renova...
Euromonitor International's Lodging (Destination) in Hungary report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest market size data 2018-2022, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new legislative, technology or pricing issues. Background information on disposable income, annual leave and holiday taking habits is also included. Forecasts to 2027 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Hotels, Lodging (Destination) Offline, Lodging (Destination) Online, Other Lodging, Short-Term Rentals.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Lodging (Destination) market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Lodging (Destination) in Hungary
- Euromonitor International
- September 2023
- List Of Contents And Tables
- LODGING (DESTINATION) IN HUNGARY
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2023 DEVELOPMENTS
- International hotel chains continue to strengthen their presence across Hungary
- Long-term challenges persist as soaring inflation creates new problems
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Mandatory star rating system should drive improvements in quality standards
- Number of short-term rental outlets projected to decline steadily
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Lodging (Destination) Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 2 Lodging (Destination) Online Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 3 Hotels Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 4 Hotels Online Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 5 Other Lodging Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 6 Other Lodging Online Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Lodging (Destination) Outlets: Units 2018-2023
- Table 8 Lodging (Destination) Rooms: Number of Rooms 2018-2023
- Table 9 Lodging (Destination) by Incoming vs Domestic: % Value 2018-2023
- Table 10 Hotels NBO Company Shares: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 11 Hotel Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2023
- Table 12 Forecast Lodging (Destination) Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 13 Forecast Lodging (Destination) Online Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 14 Forecast Hotels Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 15 Forecast Hotels Online Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 16 Forecast Other Lodging Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 17 Forecast Other Lodging Online Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 18 Forecast Lodging (Destination) Outlets: Units 2023-2028
- TRAVEL IN HUNGARY
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Travel in 2023
- Airlines: Key trends
- Hotels: Key trends
- Booking: Key trends
- What next for travel?
- MARKET DATA
- Table 19 Surface Travel Modes Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 20 Surface Travel Modes Online Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 21 Forecast Surface Travel Modes Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 22 Forecast Surface Travel Modes Online Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 23 In-Destination Spending: Value 2018-2023
- Table 24 Forecast In-Destination Spending: Value 2023-2028
- Summary 1 Research Sources