Lodging (Destination) in Bulgaria
Lodging suffered significantly during the pandemic with the number of room nights booked and value sales dropping dramatically. Nonetheless, most lodging establishments and hotels managed to endure the crisis although many have been financially strapped in the post-pandemic recovery period. Lodging continues to recover in 2023 although sales are yet to see a full return to pre-pandemic levels with travellers cautiously returning now that all restrictions have been lifted.
Euromonitor International's Lodging (Destination) in Bulgaria report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest market size data 2018-2022, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new legislative, technology or pricing issues. Background information on disposable income, annual leave and holiday taking habits is also included. Forecasts to 2027 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Hotels, Lodging (Destination) Offline, Lodging (Destination) Online, Other Lodging, Short-Term Rentals.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Lodging (Destination) market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Lodging (Destination) in Bulgaria
- Euromonitor International
- September 2023
- List Of Contents And Tables
- LODGING (DESTINATION) IN BULGARIA
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2023 DEVELOPMENTS
- Lodging sees ongoing recovery but economic pressures continue to limit stronger growth
- New hotels opening across the country as operators look to capitalise on the growing interest in Bulgaria as a tourism market
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Growth and expansion predicted to be seen in lodging as travellers become more demanding
- New financing proposal could help lodging operators to go green
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Lodging (Destination) Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 2 Lodging (Destination) Online Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 3 Hotels Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 4 Hotels Online Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 5 Other Lodging Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 6 Other Lodging Online Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Lodging (Destination) Outlets: Units 2018-2023
- Table 8 Lodging (Destination) Rooms: Number of Rooms 2018-2023
- Table 9 Lodging (Destination) by Incoming vs Domestic: % Value 2018-2023
- Table 10 Hotels NBO Company Shares: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 11 Hotel Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2023
- Table 12 Forecast Lodging (Destination) Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 13 Forecast Lodging (Destination) Online Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 14 Forecast Hotels Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 15 Forecast Hotels Online Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 16 Forecast Other Lodging Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 17 Forecast Other Lodging Online Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 18 Forecast Lodging (Destination) Outlets: Units 2023-2028
- TRAVEL IN BULGARIA
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Travel in 2023
- Airlines: Key trends
- Hotels: Key trends
- Booking: Key trends
- What next for travel?
- MARKET DATA
- Table 19 Surface Travel Modes Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 20 Surface Travel Modes Online Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 21 Forecast Surface Travel Modes Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 22 Forecast Surface Travel Modes Online Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 23 In-Destination Spending: Value 2018-2023
- Table 24 Forecast In-Destination Spending: Value 2023-2028
- Summary 1 Research Sources