Laundry Care in Portugal
COVID-19 had a small positive effect on laundry care. While current value was up, volume sales were only slightly up. Two contrasting factors affected value sales in 2020. While clothes were washed more often to disinfect from possible exposure to COVID-19, with children home from school for several months of the year and outlets such as gyms closed, this meant that clothes had to be washed less often. Also, with consumer frequenting shops less often, there was less impulse buying and this affec...
Euromonitor International's Laundry Care in Portugal market report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data (historic date range), allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new product developments, packaging innovations, economic/lifestyle influences, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2025 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Carpet Cleaners, Fabric Softeners, Laundry Aids, Laundry Detergents.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Laundry Care market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Laundry Care in Portugal
- Euromonitor International
- February 2021
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2020 IMPACT
- With people spending more time at home, less need to wash clothes frequently
- Unilever maintains its lead thanks to an established presence and new launches
- Private label sees a declining share due to the small price difference from brands
- RECOVERY AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Steady value and volume growth over forecast period
- Innovation and new launches fuel growth in laundry aids
- Ecological laundry care suffers setback due to increasing price sensitivity
- CATEGORY INDICATORS
- Table 1 Household Possession of Washing Machines 2015-2020
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 2 Sales of Laundry Care by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 3 Sales of Laundry Care by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 4 Sales of Laundry Aids by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 5 Sales of Laundry Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 6 Sales of Laundry Detergents by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 7 Sales of Laundry Detergents by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 8 NBO Company Shares of Laundry Care: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 9 LBN Brand Shares of Laundry Care: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Laundry Aids: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Laundry Aids: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Laundry Detergents: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Laundry Detergents: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Laundry Care by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Laundry Care by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COVID-19 impact on home care
- COVID-19 country impact
- Company response
- Retailing shift
- What next for home care?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 16 Households 2015-2020
- MARKET DATA
- Table 17 Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 18 Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 19 NBO Company Shares of Home Care: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 20 LBN Brand Shares of Home Care: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 21 Penetration of Private Label in Home Care by Category: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 22 Distribution of Home Care by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 23 Distribution of Home Care by Format and Category: % Value 2020
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- GLOBAL INDUSTRY ENVIRONMENT
- Summary 1 Research Sources