Home Improvement in Canada
Home improvement continued to see retail current value growth in 2021, albeit at a slower pace than in 2020. The housing market in Canada boomed during 2021, especially in the first half of the year, due to go higher GDP and the relaxation of Coronavirus (COVID-19)-related restrictions. According to Euromonitor International’s 2021 Voice of the Consumer: Consumer Lifestyle Survey results, 40% of Canadians worked from home during the year. The ongoing development of work-from-home practices stimu...
Euromonitor International's Home Improvement in Canada report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of market demand at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data (historic date range), allowing you to identify the categories driving growth. It also identifies the leading companies and their brands, and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing demand - from new product developments, consumer lifestyles, route to market and pricing issues. Forecasts to 2026 illustrate how market demand is expected to evolve in the medium-term
Product coverage: Bathroom and Sanitaryware, Floor Covering, Hand Tools, Hardware, Home Paint, Kitchen Sinks, Other Home Improvement, Power Tools, Wall Covering.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Home Improvement market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Home Improvement in Canada
- Euromonitor International
- August 2022
- List Of Contents And Tables
- HOME IMPROVEMENT IN CANADA
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2021 DEVELOPMENTS
- Work-from-home strategies and the relaxation of pandemic restrictions stimulate interest in home improvement
- Behr leverages strength in home paint and wide distribution to lead
- Kitchen remodelling focuses on appliance upgrades and cosmetic improvements
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Housing market is set to determine the performance of home improvement
- E-commerce to continue to develop and grow despite short-term out-of-stock and shipping concerns
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) amendment to affect sales of acrylic paints as regulations tighten
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Home Improvement by Category: Value 2016-2021
- Table 2 Sales of Home Improvement by Category: % Value Growth 2016-2021
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Home Improvement: % Value 2017-2021
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Home Improvement: % Value 2018-2021
- Table 5 Distribution of Home Improvement by Format: % Value 2016-2021
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Home Improvement by Category: Value 2021-2026
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Home Improvement by Category: % Value Growth 2021-2026
- HOME AND GARDEN IN CANADA
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Home and garden in 2021: The big picture
- 2021 key trends
- Competitive landscape
- Retailing developments
- What next for home and garden?
- MARKET DATA
- Table 8 Sales of Home and Garden by Category: Value 2016-2021
- Table 9 Sales of Home and Garden by Category: % Value Growth 2016-2021
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Home and Garden: % Value 2017-2021
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Home and Garden: % Value 2018-2021
- Table 12 Distribution of Home and Garden by Format: % Value 2016-2021
- Table 13 Distribution of Home and Garden by Format and Category: % Value 2021
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Home and Garden by Category: Value 2021-2026
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Home and Garden by Category: % Value Growth 2021-2026
- Summary 1 Research Sources