Home Furnishings in Canada
Increasing urbanisation may represent a threat to furniture sales, as many apartments now come pre-furnished. As a result, consumers may not want to spend a lot of money on a home in which they may not be resident for a long period. In terms of big-ticket furnishing items such as couches and tables, the issue may not only be whether consumers are willing to spend, but how. This may represent an opportunity for furniture rentals to grow in Canada.
Euromonitor International's Home Furnishings in Canada report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of market demand at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data (historic date range), allowing you to identify the categories driving growth. It also identifies the leading companies and their brands, and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing demand - from new product developments, consumer lifestyles, route to market and pricing issues. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how market demand is expected to evolve in the medium-term
Product coverage: Plucker.Process.Domain.Entities.ProductEntity, Plucker.Process.Domain.Entities.ProductEntity, Plucker.Process.Domain.Entities.ProductEntity.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Home Furnishings market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Home Furnishings in Canada
- Euromonitor International
- June 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Pre-furnished apartments threaten furniture growth, window coverings face new regulations
- Increased tariffs hit furniture manufacturers exporting to the US
- Interest rates result in many consumers deciding to stay put rather than move home
- COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- Ikea increases online offer with click-and-collect service, launches furniture-building service
- Ikea launches furniture buy-back scheme, opens new distribution facilities
- Growth of e-commerce set to result in reduced number of bricks and mortar stores
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Home Furnishings by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Home Furnishings by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Home Furnishings: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Home Furnishings: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Light Sources: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 6 Distribution of Home Furnishings by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Home Furnishings by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Home Furnishings by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Urbanisation, smaller residences, and multi-generational households influence home and garden performance
- Renovation activities increase thanks to economic factors and growing number of multi-generational households
- Ikea maintains lead, invests in both bricks and mortar outlets and online activities
- Online purchases gain traction, but consumers still value advice available from staff in stores
- Healthy economic and urbanisation trends set to continue steering market’s performance over forecast period
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales of Home and Garden by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Home and Garden by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Home and Garden: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Home and Garden: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Home and Garden by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Home and Garden by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Home and Garden by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Home and Garden by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Home and Garden by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
- Summary 1 Research Sources