Herbal/Traditional Products in Uruguay
Herbal/traditional products showed solid growth in 2019, driven by the health and wellness trend, although in Uruguay it still has a niche profile. Herbal/traditional products remains a small category within consumer health in the country because chemical-based remedies continue to be more popular among Uruguayans, unlike they are in many other countries where use of medicinal herbs is a wide and deep cultural tradition. However, herbal/traditional products has been seeing higher value growth re...
Euromonitor International's Herbal/Traditional Products in Uruguay report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Herbal/Traditional Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies, Herbal/Traditional Dermatologicals, Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements, Herbal/Traditional Digestive Remedies, Herbal/Traditional Paediatric Dietary Supplements, Herbal/Traditional Sleep Aids, Herbal/Traditional Tonics, Herbal/Traditional Topical Analgesics.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Herbal/Traditional Products market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Herbal/traditional Products in Uruguay
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Herbal/traditional Products Show Solid Growth, Even Though Non-herbal/traditional Products Remain More Highly Popular in the Country
- the Growing Interest of the Elderly Population in Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Garlic and Other Dietary Supplements Is Driving More Sales
- Growth and Demand Patterns Currently Remain the Same, But the Current Value Cagr Is Expected To Be Significantly Higher Over the Forecast Period
- Competitive Landscape
- Laboratorios Gautier Maintains the Lead Due To Its Near Domination of Dietary Supplements, the Largest Category Within Herbal/traditional Products
- Most International Companies Dominate Sales in the Categories in Which They Are Present
- While Pharmacies Still Dominate Sales, Other Channels See Higher Growth and Internet Retailing Is Expected To Benefit From Offering Lower Prices Over the Forecast Period
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Herbal/Traditional Products: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Herbal/Traditional Products: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Herbal/Traditional Products: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Herbal/Traditional Products: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Herbal/Traditional Products: Value 2019-2024
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Herbal/Traditional Products: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Improving Economy Reflected in Higher Value Growth
- OTC Relatively Undeveloped in Uruguay, As Health Ministry Has Stricter Regulations Than in Other Countries Such As Neighbouring Argentina
- While Domestic Companies Struggle To Compete With Multinational Players, Consumer Trust and Government-backed Mega Pharma Support Their Development
- Chemists/pharmacies Continues To Lose Ground To Non-store Channels and Vitamins and Dietary Specialists
- Consumer Healthcare Is Set To See Significantly Higher Growth in Most Categories Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources