- HERBAL/TRADITIONAL PRODUCTS IN URUGUAY
- Euromonitor International
- November 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Distrust of Herbal/traditional Products Is Decreasing
- High Prices May Limit Growth of the Category Over the Forecast Period
- Elderly Population Rely on Herbal Medicines
- Competitive Landscape
- J Jiménez Cabrera Leads Herbal/traditional Products
- Local Companies Lead With Potential for New Entrants
- Little Investment in Advertising
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Herbal/Traditional Products: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Herbal/Traditional Products: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Herbal/Traditional Products: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Herbal/Traditional Products: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Herbal/Traditional Products: Value 2017-2022
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Herbal/Traditional Products: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Slowdown in Economy Reflected in Consumer Health
- Delay of Marijuana Sales at Chemists/pharmacies
- Multinational Companies Lead Consumer Health in Uruguay
- Chemists/pharmacies Is the Main Distribution Channel
- Growth Expectations Remain Low for the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources
Herbal/Traditional Products in Uruguay
Herbal/traditional products remains a small category in consumer health in Uruguay. There has always been distrust towards herbal/traditional products from the Uruguayan population. As there are no so rigorous controls for these types of products, in contrast to other OTC remedies, consumers are afraid of being scammed, and of buying products that have no effect.
Euromonitor International's Herbal/Traditional Products in Uruguay report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Herbal/Traditional Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies, Herbal/Traditional Dermatologicals, Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements, Herbal/Traditional Digestive Remedies, Herbal/Traditional Paediatric Dietary Supplements, Herbal/Traditional Sleep Aids, Herbal/Traditional Tonics, Herbal/Traditional Topical Analgesics.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Herbal/Traditional Products market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.