Herbal/Traditional Products in Belgium
The climate of fear and suspicion surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19) supports the further progression of herbal/traditional products in Belgium. The lockdown represented more of an opportunity than a threat for sales of herbal/traditional products. The questioning of the safety of some standard OTC products like diclofenac, ibuprofen and aspirin and the debate on the usefulness of chloroquine intensified the doubts over standard remedies, OTC or Rx. In addition, as in many other countries, Belgi...
Euromonitor International's Herbal/Traditional Products in Belgium report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2015-2019, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Herbal/Traditional Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies, Herbal/Traditional Dermatologicals, Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements, Herbal/Traditional Digestive Remedies, Herbal/Traditional Paediatric Dietary Supplements, Herbal/Traditional Sleep Aids, Herbal/Traditional Tonics, Herbal/Traditional Topical Analgesics.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Herbal/Traditional Products market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Herbal/Traditional Products in Belgium
- Euromonitor International
- October 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2020 IMPACT
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) offers opportunities for herbal/traditional products as questions rise over the safety of some standard OTC products
- Consumers seek milder, more natural solutions to sleep and digestive problems, but standard products are perceived to offer faster relief from skin/hair issues and headaches
- Trust and familiarity considerations favour local players and their brands during COVID-19
- RECOVERY AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Growing focus on safety is expected to benefit herbal/traditional products in light of the COVID-19 experience
- Manufacturers set to err on the side of caution with pricing strategies and product claims to retain credibility of the authorities and consumers
- Milder climate trend is set to limit the demand for weather-influenced categories like herbal/traditional cough/cold remedies and analgesics
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Herbal/Traditional Products by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 2 Sales of Herbal/Traditional Products by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Herbal/Traditional Products: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Herbal/Traditional Products: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Herbal/Traditional Products by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Herbal/Traditional Products by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COVID-19 impact on consumer health
- COVID-19 country impact
- Company response
- Retailing shift
- What next for consumer health?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2015-2020
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2015-2020
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2020
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2017-2020
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2020
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- OTC registration and classification
- Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
- Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- GLOBAL INDUSTRY ENVIRONMENT
- Summary 1 Research Sources