Gardening in the Philippines
In 2019, horticulture saw the highest value growth in gardening, with seeds, indoor plants and “other” horticulture respectively posting the highest growth percentages within that category. Watering also saw high value growth over the year. These growth figures are a reflection of the ongoing trend of urban gardening resulting from consumers’ higher consciousness about what they eat and where their food comes from. Filipinos have become increasingly concerned about commercial farming methods use...
Euromonitor International's Gardening in Philippines report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of market demand at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data (historic date range), allowing you to identify the categories driving growth. It also identifies the leading companies and their brands, and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing demand - from new product developments, consumer lifestyles, route to market and pricing issues. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how market demand is expected to evolve in the medium-term
Product coverage: Home Improvement and Gardening.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Gardening market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Gardening in the Philippines
- Euromonitor International
- April 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Urban gardening keeps trending as consumers are increasingly concerned about what they eat and where their food comes from
- Horticulture continues to dominate gardening sales as consumers show greater interest in growing their own food
- E-commerce offers good prospects, but home and gardening specialist retailers flourish for offering one-stop solutions in stores
- COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- Ramgo International maintains its leadership in a category where there are only a few major players
- Push by government to raise consumers’ level of awareness concerning sustainability spurs popularity of home gardening
- East-West Seed sees rapid growth, capitalising on its success in developing and adapting seed varieties suitable for the tropical climate
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Gardening by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Gardening by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Gardening: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Gardening: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Distribution of Gardening by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Gardening by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Gardening by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Market growth remains strong, driven by rising number of new home buyers, first-time householders, and increased interest in gardening
- Potential threat of IKEA’s 2020 entry into the local home and garden landscape has actually had a positive impact on local players
- Home furnishings and homewares leader SM Retail maintains its clear lead in highly fragmented home and garden landscape
- Home and garden specialist retailers dominate by offering one-stop shopping solutions for home renovations and new homeowners
- Discerning younger consumers with higher incomes, new homes and people establishing their first households expected to drive growth
- MARKET DATA
- Table 8 Sales of Home and Garden by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Sales of Home and Garden by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Home and Garden: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Home and Garden: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 12 Penetration of Private Label in Home and Garden by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 13 Distribution of Home and Garden by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Home and Garden by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Home and Garden by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Home and Garden by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
- Summary 1 Research Sources