Free From in South Korea
The free from category continues to show healthy value growth rate thanks to strong performance in both free from dairy and free from meat, the two largest free from categories by far in South Korea. As consumers’ awareness and concern about animal welfare and sustainability has increased, plant-based milk alternatives and meat substitutes are actively introduced in South Korea. Free from lactose milk again saw the highest value growth in 2019 and is expected to post the strongest CAGR over the...
Euromonitor International's Free From in South Korea report tracks the developments of health-associated product types and the healthy-option positioning of competing brands across different food sectors. It provides the latest retail sales data 2015-2019, allowing you to compare health and wellness categories with each other or in the context of the total market for a sector. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market- be they new product developments, legislative context or lifestyle influences. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Free From Allergens, Free From Dairy, Free From Gluten, Free From Lactose, Free From Meat.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Free From market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Free From in South Korea
- Euromonitor International
- February 2020
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Increased Awareness and Concern for Animal Welfare and Sustainability Contribute To Higher Demand for Plant-based Milk Alternatives and Meat Substitutes
- Tofu in Chilled Meat Substitutes Still Accounts for the Majority of Free From Meat Sales But Soy-based Frozen Meat Substitutes Are Gaining More Traction
- While Still Posting Negligible Sales, Free From Gluten Packaged Food Shows Promise, As Allergies To Gluten Increase and Consumers Became More Aware and Informed
- Competitive Landscape
- Maeil Dairies Maintains Its Lead in Free From Dairy on the Strength of Its Free From Lactose Milk and Free From Lactose Baby Food
- Dr Chung's Vegemil Brand Holds the Leading Value Share in Other Plant-based Milk Alternatives for the First Time Since 2013
- Pulmuone, the Leading Player in Free From Meat Seeks To Generate More Interest in Tofu by Developing A New Format of Tofu for Snacking
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Free From by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Free From by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Free From: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Free From: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Distribution of Free From by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Free From by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Free From by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Health and Wellness Products See Strong Volume and Solid Value Growth, As Consumers Increasingly Look for Health Benefits in Products They Consume Daily
- Self-medication Trend Boosts the Health and Wellness Sales
- Domestic Players Continue To Lead the Health and Wellness Industry
- Convenience Stores See Strong Growth Thanks To A Wide Network and Widening Offer of Health and Wellness Products on the Shelves
- Ff and Low-calorie Products Offered Further Opportunity To Grow As Government To Ease Regulations
- Market Data
- Table 8 Sales of Health and Wellness by Type: Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Sales of Health and Wellness by Type: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Health and Wellness by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Sales of Health and Wellness by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 12 Sales of Health and Wellness by Prime Positioning: Value 2014-2019
- Table 13 Sales of Health and Wellness by Prime Positioning: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 14 NBO Company Shares of Health and Wellness: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 15 LBN Brand Shares of Health and Wellness: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 16 Distribution of Health and Wellness by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 17 Distribution of Health and Wellness by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Health and Wellness by Type: Value 2019-2024
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Health and Wellness by Type: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Health and Wellness by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Health and Wellness by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Health and Wellness by Prime Positioning: Value 2019-2024
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Health and Wellness by Prime Positioning: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Summary 1 Research Sources