Fragrances in South Africa
Fragrances experienced lower value growth in 2017 compared to previous years of the review period. The challenging economic environment characterised by high unemployment, rising prices, more restrictive access to credit, and declining disposable incomes contributed to this. Consumers either reduced any purchases that they perceived as non-essential or down-traded to lower-priced products. Within the premium category, entry level offerings are more popular as opposed to high value brands. Smalle...
Euromonitor International's Fragrances in South Africa report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2013-2017, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Mass Fragrances, Premium Fragrances.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Fragrances market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- FRAGRANCES IN SOUTH AFRICA
- Euromonitor International
- June 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Challenging Economic Environment Influences Performance of Fragrances
- New Product Launches and Marketing Strategies Contribute To Brand Success
- Emergence of New Purchasing Patterns
- Competitive Landscape
- Highly Fragmented and Competitive Environment Prevails
- the Prestige Cosmetics Group Leads Fragrances
- Parallel Imports and Counterfeit Products
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Fragrances by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Fragrances by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Fragrances: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Fragrances: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Premium Men's Fragrances: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Premium Women's Fragrances: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Fragrances by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Fragrances by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Beauty and Personal Care Shows Resilience in Challenging Economic Environment
- Internet Retailing and Social Media Presence Increase As Retailers Invest in E-commerce
- Economy Brands Experience Increasing Demand Due To Cost-conscious Consumers
- More Products Aimed at Black South African Consumers Are Being Launched
- Positive Growth Expected in the Long Term
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 GBO Company Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 15 Distribution of Beauty and Personal Care by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 16 Distribution of Beauty and Personal Care by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources