Footwear in Austria
Value growth started to slow down in 2018 when weather in Austria was particularly unfavourable for the footwear industry. Due to the heat, shops were selling more sandals than leather shoes in autumn. This trend was a factor that contributed to a further, if slight, slowdown in 2019. Another reason for the slowdown in 2019 was ongoing price sensitivity, which resulted in necessary sales and discounts that reduced the total category growth. Additionally, an increasing number of low-cost supplier...
Euromonitor International's Footwear in Austria report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2015-2019 and analysis by distribution format allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, leading brands, and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Apparel and Footwear.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Footwear market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Footwear in Austria
- Euromonitor International
- March 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Unfavourable weather, ongoing price sensitivity and casual trends result in limited value growth for footwear in 2019
- Children’s footwear and trainers/sports-inspired footwear are the most demanded
- Stronger growth for footwear expected as high purchasing in the mass market continues for children’s footwear and sports or sports-inspired footwear
- COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- Having many strengths as well as a highly effective business model, Deichmann is set to continue expanding its number of outlets
- CCC Austria expands in Austria, posts double-digit growth and rapidly improves its position in footwear
- Sports brands and footwear discounters set to perform best within the congested footwear landscape over the forecast period
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Footwear by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Footwear by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 3 Sales of Footwear by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 4 Sales of Footwear by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Footwear: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Footwear: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 7 Distribution of Footwear by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Footwear by Category: Volume 2019-2024
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Footwear by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Footwear by Category: % Volume Growth 2019-2024
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Footwear by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Apparel and footwear market sees modest value growth, driven by demand for sportswear, fast fashion and childrenswear
- Austria remains a stronghold for discounters, changing purchasing patterns, escalating market saturation and transforming category dynamics
- Fast fashion giants, discounters, sports brands and luxury brands are among the many players in Austria’s highly fragmented competitive landscape
- E-commerce keeps gaining ground on store-based retailing, driven by sales to millennials and generation Z, who are the highest spenders on apparel and footwear
- Apparel and footwear is set to achieve higher value growth over the forecast period, despite ongoing factors that constrain growth potential
- MARKET DATA
- Table 12 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 13 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 15 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 16 NBO Company Shares of Apparel and Footwear: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 17 LBN Brand Shares of Apparel and Footwear: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 18 Distribution of Apparel and Footwear by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 19 Distribution of Apparel and Footwear by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Volume 2019-2024
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Volume Growth 2019-2024
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
- Summary 1 Research Sources